Horrifing Silence

Warning: I have not checked this for grammatical errors yet so bare with me. I will fix it whenever I catch something. If you have any requests feel free to ask me!

My head was on my brother's shoulder. I was taking a nap. My eyes opened quickly. I gasped.

Bellamy held me close, knowing I just had a nightmare, the same one I had every time I slept.

"Are you sure you will be fine?"

"I will be okay."

This was my first mission without Bell being there. My brother is very protective of me, sometimes way too much. But he loves me, and I love him.

My name was called from the over com, so I got up from the floor.

"Well, I am off to my mission." I waved to my brother.

"Good luck!" He sighed, he was worried about me as usual. I can look out for myself though. I am strong. It is just one mission.

I made it to our deployment room when I instantly heard my name.

My head turned. It was Soldier 76.

"I am putting you as the main support on this mission."

"Oh, okay!" I nodded, but was highly confused with his proposal.

Dr. Ziegler is on this mission, so why is he putting me out there as the main source of medical support? I am not even a full time medic, I am usually out fighting!!! What if something is wrong with Mercy?

My heart raced at the thought, I looked around, trying to find her. I saw her wings from the corner of my eye. I sighed in relief, walking over.

"Hello." I smiled.

Angela turned her head to me. "Oh! Hello!" She turned completely towards me.

"How are you?" I tried to observe things. I needed to make sure she was okay to go out into the fight. Only me as a medic is a death sentence for this team.

"I am okay." She hesitated.

"What is wrong?"

"Nothing." She ran her hands through her hair anxiously. When she moved her left arm, her face made a subtle contort of pain.

"Doctor Ziegler. What happened to your arm?"

"Oh nothing, [y/n]!" Mercy became very defensive.

"It doesn't look like it to me." My eyes narrowed with concern.

"I fell."

"When?"

"Yesterday."

"How?"

"A patient became suddenly aggressive and yanked me down to the ground." Her voice went soft.

"Does Jack know?"

She nodded. "It was too late to add other medics in, they are elsewhere." She kept her voice low. "This aggression was so sudden...I have no idea why it happened. My test results still haven't come back yet."

I nodded.

Soldier's voice boomed. "EVERYONE ON ME!"

Our roster gathered around. I observed some familiar faces: Winston, Tracer, Mei...

"Our only objective is to wipe out the enemies, not the children inside. Is that clear?!!!" The group let out an affirmation. "[y/n] is the main medic on this mission. Not only that, she will also be leading the mission to evacuate the children. She has proven time and time again to be the best suited with children." The eyes on me made me nervous. "Mercy will be in this general area unless an emergency occurs." Everyone looked to the two of us in confusion.

I heard someone mutter: "Why is she the on-field medic? I don't feel safe with her being my support."

"We are screwed." I heard another mutter, in disgust.

"SILENCE!" Soldier interjected.

I looked to the ground, in order to pretend I didn't hear it. I felt a delicate hand touch my shoulder. I glanced over: it was Mercy. She whispered in my ear: "Don't let it get to your head. You'll do great." She patted my shoulder and removed her hand. I gave her a nod in affirmation.

Finally, we were told to begin our missions. Multiple teams were assigned, but all stood as one until we reached an area with three different paths. I lead my team down the middle, according to plan. I held my gun close, ready for any sudden danger. I heard Mei behind me. "I think we should look in sector 4 of the building first."

I had a better idea: Sector 19. Sector 19 was on the top floor of this monstrous building.

"What about sector 19? That is where they are most likely." I sighed. We spoke silently. We stopped at every corner. I went ahead first, giving the rest of the team the signal of safety. We were up seven levels inside the building.

"Yeah, better idea." Mei nodded.

There was a loud crash from behind us. I turned on my com. "Soldier, do you read me?"

"Yes, [y/n]. Are you alright up there?"

"Soldier, there has been an explosion near the deployment room! I am running to your position now!" It was Angela. She sounded like she was running as fast as she could.

"Everyone is okay-" He was cut off by another crash.

"Do you know what that sound was?" I tried to sound calm. For a minute or so there was no response. "76." Nothing...

"Soldier 76! Do you read me?"

Silence. Horrifying silence.