Flashed past my face.

"Turn your flashlights on." I commanded. Mercy was still holding onto my hand tightly. She must not like the dark. "Turn on the flashlights."  I repeated.

"Mine won't turn on." Mei mumbled.

"Mine won't either."

Many voices filled the empty void.

"Uh maybe this could work." I heard Mercy pull out something. "Everyone backup." She warned us. We broke away from her.

We heard the air get cut by the sound of something spinning. All of a sudden there was a spark of light. It came from her staff. Her staff flowed a bright yellow light that filled the room.

"Woah." I was in awe. I had to stare at the sight for a few seconds. Mercy made a small smile at me, causing me to turn a bit red because she noticed me looking at her. Finally, I brought my attention back to the group.

"Have your weapons on hand! Say affirmative when all of you have done so."

"Affirmative!" Voices cried out, ready to continue our mission.

"I'll check corners as needed. We need eyes watching from every angle."

"Affirmative!" The group called out, forming a circle. We slowly made our way to the first corner. There was an empty void of darkness. Mercy held her staff tightly, allowing me to look down the hallway in front of me.

"Clear." I whispered.

This continued a few more times. No weapons were fired up until that point. But nothing can last forever.

I reached a corner once more. The light captured the face of someone who was not happy to see us. A light filled the room once again, but it was the color of white. A gunshot.

It was aiming straight for me.

But it didn't hit me.

I felt something brush past me in a urgent manner.

The yellow from Mercy's Staff flashed past my face.

It landed on the ground, and so did Mercy.