Hold On

The group formed around me, their faces flooded with concern.

Finally, the silence was broken...

"[y/n]! There has been an explosion down here. Two of them. The children are still in sector 19. We have to get you down here though...Angela will catch up to you to show you the way." Soldier's voice sounded panicked.

"On it!" I quickly responded.

"Mei, take over from here." I began giving out orders.

"Okay." Mei nodded.

"When you guys find the children, radio me. Go!" The group rushed away. I went in the other direction. I ran quickly but silently down the flights of stairs. My gun was raised, ready to lock on to anyone who I came upon. I felt someone push me into the railing. I fell over the edge. I felt a bullet pierce skin. My left hand got a gunshot right through it. I felt my face collide with the sharp railing. I winced. No blood, it's okay. I held onto my life with the railing.  My right hand was the only thing keeping me alive. My gun fell to the bottom. It instantly broke into pieces. It went off at the same time, a bullet going into the neighboring window.

The person who did this to me was gone, like they were never there. Probably thought their job was done...I dangled, cursing under my breath. I heard someone running up the stairs.  It would take them minutes to reach me. Blood seeped out of my hand. It hit the ground below, splattering on my broken gun. The railing was starting to give way. Oh no...

I looked out a window, seeing smoke, a whole lot of smoke. That's not good...

The footsteps became louder. Finally, someone ran to my position.

"[y/n]!" It was Doctor Ziegler.

I let out a sigh of relief. Blood dripped from my face. Well, I guess my face didn't stay clean  for long.

"I can't hold on for much longer!" I noticed that my voice started to shake. I'm losing too much blood. I can already feel my vitals shutting down into warning mode.

My breathing was troubled, and Angela was not sure how to get me up. She radioed Soldier. "76! She is holding on for dear life. If I pull her alone, she will fall off."

"Angela, I will be up there soon. Is she going to be okay?!"

"She is shot in the hand and her face has a massive cut- Uh! NO! Stay with me, stay awake!" Angela's attention was now on me, my eyes struggled to stay open. I couldn't  control my eyes. My hand felt slippery with sweat. "Please! Stay awake, help will be here soon!" Angela got on her knees, her eyes filling with tears. She looked down to me. "Deep breaths...come on....good."

I heard the footsteps, distinctively Soldier's.

The railing started to give way.

"HURRY UP!" Angela hollered.

It began to bend and my grip was loosening. I can't hold on much longer.

Everything started to fade. I could not hear anything. The railing further snapped, and the last thing I had heard was Angela screaming: "HOLD ON!"