£29: A Hybrid's Battle {Part Three}

Key for Jason's point of view:
Italic Letters indicate Jason's mind, what's happening inside
Underlined letters indicate thinking.
Regular letters indicate a narration
Bolded letters indicate communication.

Jason's Pov

I was struggling. What was I struggling against? Adam and Jerome? Seto too...

"Let me go! I need to go!" Who's voice....is that my voice?

"Jason please!" Adam's voice seemed concerned. There was heat forming in my hands, and I found an explosion going off. The three were launched backwards, and I found myself grabbing my helmet, and flying through a window.

I growled, grabbing Enderlox's arm tightly, and trying to throw him away. As I did so, he kneed my gut, then uppercut my jaw. Before I got launched upwards, my tail sliced through part of his wing, and I flipped to regain my balance.

"Not gonna happen, your adventures in the Overworld are about to end." I grinned.

"And yours isn't going to begin." He charged me once more.

Hate to break it to you, but it already has...

In front of me, I saw Jeffrey. He looked at me with concerned, and frightened eyes. I was stuck, unable to move. All we could do was stare at each other. I found myself collapsing onto my knees, wrapping my arms around Jeffrey. A few tears escaped my eyes.

"Please...I won't hurt you...I can't hurt you...Please..."

I brought my leg down onto him, causing him to fall downwards before regaining his balance once more. Trying to catch him off guard, I sent a wither bomb at him. It didn't work, for a large ender blast flew out at the same time. The two attacks collided, causing an explosion and smoke to form.

Just as I covered my face from the smoke, another ender blast came hurling at me. I tried to dodge it, but the attack still managed to come into contact with my lower leg. Gritting my teeth, a small whimper found its way from my mouth.

Enderlox came barreling out of the smoke, his arm pulled back, and his fist ready. Before he could reach me, I grabbed his fist. We both hovered in the air, beforing reaching the same conclusion and setting off an attack, causing us both to fly backwards. I saw him charging at me, and then it went black.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
He was in my face suddenly, and I didnt have enough time to block the attack. I got sent flying, sliding through the dirt and into a tree.

Enderlox's Pov

It was my final chance. Getting my claws ready, I sped down towards Jason. He saw me coming and put his hands out to try to defend himself.

"STOP!!!"

My body stopped moving just inches away from my final attack.

What are you doing?!?!

"You aren't hurting him! He's scared!"

I looked at the kid. His eyes had changed, and his breathing rate increased.

It's out only choice!

I forced control back into my body and continued my attack, just to be stopped by a voice.

"Get away from him!!!" I turned around to see a fireball coming my way. I quickly jumped out of its path.

"You're going down!" Mitch flew at me.

"You first."

Mitch's Pov

It will be easy Mitch... you just gotta do this... Remember what Seto said...

I gotta think back to what he said...

"I'll be watching from above with the potion at ready. You'll need to take off the source of the problem, which will bring him into a more weakened state. Then you'll be able to hold him down while I use the potion. It's only a one time thing, if the potion misses, we're done for. I can only assume that the primary source is his headsets, so you'll need to get them off of his head. But don't destroy them, you'll risk killing them both. Okay, You up for the task? ............ Alright, let's go."

Taking a deep breath, I held out my hand, sending a wave of fireballs at Enderlox. While mostly avoiding them, I managed to nail him with a few. Seto's message must have gotten through, for I saw Quintin make a surprise attack from behind and spraying him with water. Pain flew across his face, and I saw this as my chance. Flying at him, I reached out my hand to grab his headset. It didn't work, for I felt my wrist getting grabbed and I got tossed into Quintin. A battlecry suddenly erupt into the air and I saw Adam charging him full speed. At collision, Enderlox gasped and got thrown into a tree. Something brown and black flashed from the corner of my eye, and before I knew it I saw Jerome in front of Enderlox one second, then next to me with his headset a second later. When I looked back at Enderlox, I couldn't help but laugh. Hair was completely covering his face with the exception of his mouth. A few more laughs came from beside me.

"What is with this fucking hair?!?! Get it out of my face!" He was unsuccessfully swiping his hands/claws through his hair. I saw Seto above him with the potion, so I tackled Enderlox down. The potion came down on the both of us, though I knew it'd only effect him. He kicked me off with the last if his strength and stood up, before falling back down again.

"W-what is this?!"

"You're time is up! We win, and we always will. That's the hunger games for ya." I grinned.

"N-no... I refuse to go down this way!!!" In the blink if an eye, an arm was wrapped around my throat, pushing against it tightly. "Someone's going down with me!" I couldn't get any oxygen into my lungs, so I kept kicking aimlessly to try to get him to let go.

"Mitch!!!" I heard Jerome's voice. I growled, and my hands began to burn up. I could feel the heat begin to melt Enderlox's arms, and he gave into the pain, letting me go. Gasping for air, I fell to the ground. Jerome ran over and helped me up.

"You okay Biggums?" He asked me.

"Yeah G, I'm fine." We both looked over at Enderlox on the ground. His wings slowly faded away, along with his tail. After a minute, his body stirred, and he sat upright, before opening his brown eyes and looking at us. Looking over at Adam, I saw a few tears form at the corners of his eyes. He ran over to Ty, hugging him.

"Thank God... I was so fucking worried..." Ty hugged him back, and he was crying.

"...me too..."