Best news ever

Year's later

Canada

Shawn's P.o.v.

"Twitty how was your day" I ask her setting down my book bag on my bed just coming back from school. Thinking back to the day I first discovered my power and Twitty. Ever since that say Twitty has been by my side helping me grow each day up until to this day. I smile as she hops along the window sill "I'm good shawn how are you today" Twitty chirped hopping on my nightstand pecking at the bird seed I left for her this morning. "I'm doing just fine, today was the last day of school and today I should be getting my letter from the University. You know the one I applied for for their summer program" I change into another outfit thinking about the letter. I very excited because if I am accepted into the program this entire summer I get to travel to Colorado and work with animals and plants all summer long. Also if I do get in I get to take Twitty with me. My mom found out about Twitty year ago, i told her that she was hurt and that u have taken her. My mom was okay with it, she said i always did have a magic touch with nature. My mom got used to her having her come inside the house and now twitty has her own home in here.

"SHAWN YOU HAVE A LETTER" my mother called from down stairs. I sprang from my bed running out of my room, "FINALLY" i screamed running down the stairs, i cpuld hear twitty flap behind me. I get down the stairs after tripping a couple of times "Where is it?" I ask panting. Twitty came down landing on my shoulder chirping happily "awe how cute" my mom smiled handing my a letter. I grab it looking at my mom and twitty before taking a deep breath. "Here I go" my hands tremble a bit opening the letter. I take out a folded paper letting the envelope drop to the ground. "This is it guys if I get in I get to have an amazing summer, if I dont get in well I wont get to live my dream" I say looking at twitty and my mom. "Don't worry honey, I know you got in trust me" my mom tells me putting her hand on my shoulder squeezing it smiling her sweet little smile before clasping  her hands together "Now open it already I'm dying to know " she laughs.

I laugh nodding my head "okay okay chill mom" I say slowly opening the letter. I read the letter out loud for everyone to hear

Dear Shawn Reed,

The University of Colorado welcome you into our program of Nature's little helpers. We read your letter to us and are gladly to accept such a young environmental man. We got many letter from teachers saying you have a special touch with nature its self. So we are gladly to welcome you to our program. We hope you will enjoy the summer here in Colorado if any questions about your stay please contact us.

From
James Richmond

I stand there in shock before I screamed   "I'M IN I'M GOING TO COLORADO" I hug my mom tight, she rubbed my back "See I knew you would get in" she said smiling. Twitty started chirping loudly flying around "haha it's like she understood you shawn" my mom laughs pointing to the excited little bird. I laugh jumping around the living room with my mom.

I eventually clamed down after about half an hour just jumping around the house. I have to tell my other friends before I leave, I sigh getting up "Hay mom I'm going outside for a bit okay?" I tell her going to the back door sliding my Jordan's on "okay honey don't be out to late okay, don't forget you have to pack for tomorrow" she said from the kitchen "okay mom" I replied going outside twitty swoops out the door flipping in the cool night air. "Shawn I am so happy for you" she chirps landing on my shoulder as I walk towards the woods where I first found twitty. "Thanks twitty but dont forget your coming with me whether you like it or not" I laugh crossing the street. "Now shawn I must warn you, you will be around so much nature than you normally are that your powers might become harder to control" she says concernly. "Don't worry twitty I can handle it and you will be there with me anyways so everything will be okay" I say kissing her little bird head. "Now lets tell the others shall we?" I ask placing both my hands on the ground closing my eyes. In my head I a vision started to appear showing a link to where each of my animal friends are. Once my link Chain got then I connected to their minds. Friends come quick i have exciting news I tell them breaking the link. "They are coming" I tell twitty sitting down criss cross waiting patiently for them.