6 - the attack

I startle awake by  a dog barking very hard. I'm lying in Derek's bed. Under his covers. Naked. I sit up a little, and see him standing near the window, only wearing jeans. I hear a car door close, and not much later speeding off. "What was that?" I ask and he seems to jump a little by hearing my voice. He walks over to the bed and sits down on the edge, taking my hand. 

"Nothing. I took care of it." he presses a small kiss on my hand, making me blush. "I know you can hear me." I gasp for air. "Scott." I mouth and Derek nods. he quickly puts on a shirt, and speeds outside. "I need your help. " "Okay." "I know I was part of you getting arrested and that we basically announced you being here to the hunters. I also don't know what happened to your sister. But I think I did something last night. I had a dream about... someone. But someone else got hurt, and it turns out that part of the dream might have actually happened." He rattles. 

"You think you killed the driver?" "Did you see what I did last night?" "No." "Can you at least tell me the truth? Am I gonna hurt someone?" "Yes." "Could I kill someone?" "Yes." "Am I gonna kill someone?" "Probably." I giggle softly. 

"Look, I can show you how to remember. I can show you to control the shift, even on a full moon. But it's not gonna come for free." "What do you want?" "You'll find out. But for now, 'm gonna give you what you want. Go back to the bus. Go inside. See it, feel it. Let your senses - your sight, smell, touch - let them remember for you." 

"That's it?" Scott asks in misbelieve. "Do you want to know what happened?"  Derek asks. "I just want to know if I hurt him." "No, you don't. You want to know if you'll hurt her." I hear Scott leave, and Derek come up the stairs again. 

"Is it true? Will we hurt someone?" I ask. "Well, Scott will. But I'm not so sure about you." I frown. "You just... you have so much control. I have never seen that much control, and I come from one big wolf family. I was born a wolf, and I had literally no control in the beginning. But with you... with you it seems to all go so easily." I bite my lip. "I thought that was how it's supposed to go. 

He shakes his head. "Well, we'll figure it out." I nod. "I should- I should go." I say. "Yeah..." He leaves me alone to get dressed. I get into my running clothes, since they were still in my bag (don't ask me why) and walk downstairs. "I'll drive you." I shake my head. "i'm fine. I'll run." "You sure? It's like 7 kilometers." I nod and than quickly run out the door, avoiding a conversation.

WHy the hell did that happen? Derek's the bad guy here, right? It's dark outside already when I run past the school, and notice Stiles' car near the bus. I run up to it, and open up the door, jumping in the seat next to him. "WHOOOO!" He screams.

"What the hell are the two of you doing?!" I ask. "What Derek told him. Get back into the bus, make his senses remember, or some crap like that." I frown, ofcourse I knew this already, but I can't tell, because then they'll know I was with him, and that certainly won't be good.

"Wait... do you hear that?" I say while listening better. "Press the honk, someone's coming!" I say while jumping into the backseat. Not much later, Scott jumps in and we drive off.  "Rose?!" Scott says. "I was just going for a run, when I noticed Stiles' jeep. Anyways, did you remember?" I see him thinking. 

"Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood... a lot of it was mine. " "SO you did attack him?!" Stiles asks. "No. I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine. It was Derek." I gasp for air. "What about the driver?" I ask. "I think I was actually trying to protect him." I see Stiles is confused.

"Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?" He asks. "That's what I don't get." Scott says. "it's got to be a pack thing." I suddenly say calmly, staring out of the window. "What do you mean?" They both ask. 

"Like an initation. You do the kill together." I continue. "Because ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience." Stiles says and I can't help but laugh a little, sometimes I just love his sarcasm. "yeah, but, Scott didn't do it, so that means you're not a killer." I say.

"And it also means I can go out with Allison." Ofcourse. "I was gonna say you won't kill me." Stiles says. "Oh yeah. That too." I burst out in laughter, why is my brother such a dork? 

***

"Hmm. Pass, pass. Pass. Ugh, pass on all of it. Allison, uh, respect for your taste is dwindling by the second." Lydia says while going through Allison's closet. Suddenly her father walks in, and immediately a shiver goes through my body. "Hey dad, do you need something?" Allison asks and I wave and smile at him.

"I wanted to tell you you're staying in tonight. You as well, Rose, Mellissa called up to ask if you could crash here, she has a night-shift and didn't want you to be alone in the house." I frown. "What? I'm going out with friends tonight." Allison tries. "It's not in my hands, there's a curfew. No one's allowed out past 9:20 P.M." "But-" "No more arguing." He says right before walking out the door.

"Daddy's little girls." Lydia says and I get up. "Well, I'm not." I climb out of the window, slide over the roof , jump and land in Allison's front yard. ALlison climbs out as well, carefully walks over the roof, and gets down with my help. Lydia later follows through the front-door. 

"How did you do that so smoothly?" She asks. "Hm, used to do a lot of gymnastics as a kid." Allison says and I just stay quiet. 

***

We arrive at the bowling alley, where Allison get's together with Scott, Lydia with Jackson and me with some guy named Tyler, also from the Lacrosse team, Lydia got me this date. He's reeeaally hot, though. 

Jackson'sup first, and makes a perfect strike. "You seem to know what you're doing." I say. "I used to bowl with my dad." He's a real prick. "Do you need help?" Tyler asks me and I smile. "That's sweet, but I'm not a little girl." I wink at him while getting a ball. I get in front of the aisle, and shift to wolf-sight. I throw the most perfect ball, strike. They all seem surprised, including Scott, since we used to be terrible bowlers.

But it seems like he still is. After a while he has scored like, what? 4 points? While I'm at 80 or something? suddenly Allison walks up to him. "Think about something else." "Like what?" "Anything. Think about me... naked." I hear her say, and after this he only throws perfect strikes, just like me. 

"I had fun." I tell Tyler when we walk out of the building. "In for some more fun?" He says with a smirk and I frown. He grabs my face and kisses me. I kiss him back. I mean, what danger is a little kiss, right? 

***

"Scott? I'm going to bed- Scott?" I hear my mom say from the room next to me. "Seriously..." I hear her sigh when walking away, but than she suddenly turns back around and I hear a lot of screaming. I speed to the hallway, to see her standing in front of Stiles with a bat. Scott jpoins us too. "could you please tell your friend to use the front door?" She says, clearly tired of our shit. "But we lock the front door. He wouldn't be able to get in." Scott says and my mom sighs. 

"Yeah excactely. And, by the way, do either of you care that there's a police curfew?" "No." The three of us say at the same time. "No, allright then. Well, you know what? That'sabout enough parenting for me for one night. Goodnight." She says while throwing her hands in the air and leaving the room, aftr she threw the bat on the bed. 

Stiles sighs deeply, and I fall down on the bed, playing with the net of Scott's lacrosse-stick. "My dad got called into the hospital fifteen minutes ago. It's the bus driver. They said he succumbed to his wounds." I sigh. "Succumbed?!" "Scott, he's dead."  I say.