13 - He's the alpha

"Do you know who wrote this?" We hear a deep, cracky voice say. "Is that him?" I mouth to Derek, and he nods as we quietly walk into the school. "Laura - Laura Hale." I hear Mr. Harris say. "Do you know why she was looking for you? I know why. Turn around, Adrian. Turn around and I'll show you. Turn around!" We hear something break.

Derek rushes in, and grabs mr. Harris. "Get down!" He yells as another chair flies over their heads, and then the alpha takes off. I run in, making sure they're okay. "Did you see him?" Derek asks me and I nod. "It's not just an animal, it's a beast." I say, still a little startled from the sight. 

Mr. Harris frowns when he notices me. Suddenly, we see lights and hear sirenes. "This is the police. You're surrounded. No one leaves the building." We hear from outside. Crap. Derek and I give each other a quick look, and then start to run.

We run down the streets. the police cars chasing us. "Repeat, suspect- wait, suspects? Suspects are on foot. We're in pursuit, heading northwest." I hear the Sherrif say through his radio. Suddenly, there's a car in front of us. Derek is in front of me, so I can't see who's driving the car, as we quickly run into an alley.

"He's on foot. Just ran into the Iron works." I hear Chris' voice say. "Wait- there's another one. Smaller." Fuck, he's talking about me. As we run further, the sound fades. We should have made a distraction for the hunters, because Scott and Stiles are driving his car, as if we are fleeing in that. 

Suddenly, two huge police dogs run up from behind us, Derek and I both turn around at the same time, and growl at them, making them run back crying. We quickly move on. Then, right in front of us, something with a lot of light explodes, making us blind for a few seconds. Shit. The hunters. 

As my vision starts to come back, I look up, and stare right into the eyes of Chris, who doesn't hasitates, as he shoots again. He just misses me, as Derek pulls me away. Suddenly we notice car lights coming our way. 

"Get in!" Stiles yells as we speed and jump into the car. Scott gasses, and we speed away as Chris keeps firing bullets. "What part of playing low don't you guys understand?!" Scott yells. "Damn it! I had him!" Derek says, clearly mad. "Who, the alpha?" Stiles asks in misbelieve. 

"Yes! He was right in front of us, and then the friggin' police showed up." I explain. "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs-" Stiles tries to defend his dad. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek grumps. 

Oh, right. The other night in the school, Scott told them it was Derek who was in the school, killing people. Great idea, Scott. "Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott sighs. "ALl right. How did you guys find him?" Stiles asks us.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asks, and I nod when Derek looks at me. "Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first thing was a guy names Adrian Harris." Derek starts. "Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asks surprised. "Why him?" Scott asks.

"I don't know yet." Derek answers. "What's the second?" Scott asks. "Some kind of symbol." Derek shows him a picture, and Scott's eyes widen. "What? You know what this is?" I ask him. "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace." He says. Of course.

***

"This is gonna be impossible, you know." Scott says as we walk into the school. "Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles asks. "How?" Scott asks. "It's easy. You just say 'Hey Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?" Stiles says, and I roll my eyes.