11 - Who's the alpha

I'm sitting in the hallway with my back against my locker. I have my earphones in and I just started to work on my history project, when Jackson suddenly sits down next to me. "Hey, what are you working on?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow as I take my earphones out. 

"Oh, hi. Uhm, just starting my history project. So do you have a free period or-" He laughs. "No, I- I just don't like sitting through chemistry." He says and I laugh softly. "Understandable. Did you want something?" I ask him. "Actually, uhm, yeah. I wanted to talk. I realised I've been a jerk to you. And especially to Scott. And I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm serious." He says. 

"Yeah, you have. I believe you're being serious, I just don't believe you're being sincere." I say. "Do you know what it's like to be the best player on the team? To be the star? To have every single person at the game chanting your name? And then - some kid - just some kid, comes along and then everyone starts looking at him instead of you. Do you know how that feels?" He asks me. 

"No, I don't." I sigh. "Well, it feels like something's been stolen from you. And then you start to feel like you'd do anything, anything in the world to get it back." Now he's starting to sound a little creepy. "Haven't you ever learned there's no 'I' in 'team'?" I ask him with an eyeroll. 

"Yeah, but there is a 'me'. Ha. That was a joke. Pff, Gosh, you must really, really hate me." He sighs. "Not at all." I say a little bit fake. "You sure? Because I'm not a bad guy. I mean, yeah, I make stupid mistakes. A lot. But I'm not bad. I really like you. And Scott. I really- I really like you both, and I want you guys to like me. I want to get to know you guys better, so- What are you listening to?" 

I sigh. "Just some good ol' Elvis. But, I gotta go. Nice talking to you though." I say as I gather my stuff and get up. He seems a little startled as I make my way out of the building as fast as I can. A few moments later the bell rings, and Stiles and Scott join me. "It's her." Stiles says and I frown. "What is who?" I ask them. 

"Coach just got completely and crazy mad at Scott, his heartrate started raising dangerously high, untill the second Allison took his hand. His heart slowed down again." He explains and I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah but, what do you mean it's her?" Scott asks. 

"Remember what you told me about the night of the full moon? You were thinking about her, right? About protecting her." Stiles says. Scott nods. "Remember the night of the first lacrosse game? You said you could hear her voice out on the field." He says. I'm starting to get what he means. "Yeah, I did." Scott says. 

"Well, so that's what brought you back so that you could score. And then after the game in the lockerroom, you didn't kill her. At least, not how you were trying to kill me. She brings you back, that's what I'm saying." Stiles says, and Scott now realises it too. 

"I don't think she makes you weak, I think she keeps you under control. Like an anchor." I say. "You mean because I love her." I start to smile. "Yeah, because you love her." He now looks up, a little confused. "Did I just say that?" He asks me and I nod. "Yes you did." I say proudly. "I love her." He says again and I start to laugh softly.

"Okay guys, I gotta go, I'll meet you back at our house, tonight?" I ask them and they both nod. "Allright, bye." I quickly press a kiss on Scott's cheek, and then walk back to the car. I get in, and drive to the nursing home, where Derek told me to pick him up. 

I walk through the halls, to see him in there with his uncle. "I need you help. If you can hear me, I need you to give me a sign. Blink. Raise a finger. Aything. Just- just something to point me in the right direction, okay? Someone killed Laura. Your niece, Laura? Whoever he is, he's an alpha now. But he's one without a pack, which means he's not that strong. I can take him, but I have to find him first. Look, if you know something, just give me a sign. Is it one of us? Did someone else make it out of the fire? Just give me anything, blind, raise a finger. Anything! Say something!"