3) R . B . F and B o o k s

✨✨✨✨✨
T h e G i r l W h o W a t c h e d
✨✨✨✨✨

C h a p t e r 3
R.B.F and Books

I arrived at the library at approximately 2.10, thinking Zach would probably be late. But ended up being pleasantly surprised when I saw that Zachary was already sitting in the library, reading a book.

Taking a deep breathe I walked over and sat opposite to him, "Hey"

He looked up instantly, "Hey Nat, where's James?"

I laughed nervously, "He said uh... he didn't want to come"

Zach scowled at me and it didn't take a genius to know that he was annoyed, "So you just left him?"

I slowly nodded, not sure how I was supposed to answer that, "W-what else could I do? Drag him here?"

Zach's expression remained stoic and he seriously looked like he was contemplating my obviously rhetorical suggestion.

"You could have" He finally said and I gave him my best unbelieving look.

"Like hell I could. Have you see his size compared to mine" I hissed, since well I couldn't really talk really loudly being in a library and all.

I thought he was going to just ignored me but instead Zach started to chuckle, It was obvious he was trying his best not to laugh out loud and get us in trouble though.

"What's so funny?!" I hissed when he didn't stop after a few seconds.

"You should have seen your face. Do take everything so seriously?" He finally took a deep breath and answered, his eyes twinkling. I'll admit he looked like a Greek god. But it also made me want to give him a good cuff on the jaw.

"Shut up" I mumbled feeling my cheeks heat up. No don't get the wrong idea thinking I'm blushing because I embarrassed myself in front of this cute guy I like.

No peeps I'm blushing because I embarrassed myself in front of this cute guy I wanted to punch. Totally two different scenarios. Now you are probably thinking this is going to be a love hate relationship where I refuse to admit that I like him or something.

"Let's just start the project" I said after a while of mutual silence.

"Yeah" Zach agreed and stopped staring at me weirdly. Okay so the silence wasn't that mutual. Instead I was just trying not to squirm while Zach scrutinized me. He might not have been but whenever someone stares at me I feel like they are judging me, no matter whom, be it a random Stanger or my mother. Honestly I prefer a random Stanger to my mother.

"So what's our topic?" I asked.

"I was thinking something historical" Zach suggested closing the book he had been reading and I nodded. History might be the most fudging boring subject you ever read but historical novels, Written right, are one of the best genres of books.

I'm glad we were talking about books; it made it easier for me to converse with the guy. "Yeah, that sounds nice. Something Victorian or medieval?"

Zach seemed genuinely glad I agreed with his idea, "Victorian"

I thought for a moment suddenly the perfect book came to mind and I had a hard time controlling my inner fangirl from bursting.

"I know the perfect book" I grinned and Zach raised his eyebrow, "enlighten me"

"There's this book, well it's a book series really but we could just do the first book, it's called 'Strom and Silence'"

"What's it about? I swear if you tell me it's this sickly sweet romance cliché I'm gonna go look for a new partner right now"