You Were Different (Oikawa Tōru x reader)

(Your POV)

You walked down the halls of your school, your eyes drooping as you did so. Having gotten only 2 hours of sleep prior to having to get up for school.
"Why did I have to stay up till four in the morning watching anime?..." You thought to yourself, sighing out loud. But it was totally worth it.

Suddenly you heard a shriek from a little ways away, causing you to jump and come out of your thoughts. "What in the hell was that?" You thought a bit angrily, due to your sleep deprivation.

You walked slowly about to turn a corner until a body slammed straight in to your own, causing you to fall on to your butt. "Watch where you're going!" A shrill voice squeaked at you. You looked up to see a girl with long, honey blonde hair and a perfect looking build, looking straight at you. She let out 'hmph' sound and started to walk away.

All in the process of doing so, gaining a smile on her face whilst holding a piece of paper and reading it seemingly over and over again. "How about you watch were you are going, dumb ass." You whispered to yourself hastily. You picked Yourself up from the ground and brushed off your now, dirty skirt, then let out a 'tch'.

You picked up your stuff that the girl had made you drop and turned the corner. Then you saw him, the "Grand King" as they called him, or something like that... You didn't find interest in the boy, considering how highly he thought of himself. Forget his fangirls, he got enough praise from himself alone.

You started to piece together the situation, maybe that girl had been given his number? That sounds pretty accurate, she looked like the type that would chase after him, and had the attitude for it also. He's not even that attractive so you didn't see anything at all.

He was surrounded by some seemingly annoyed girls, as you tried to walk by them in the now more crowded hallway, I over heard one of the girls say what you had predicted just before. "Why does she get your phone number but we don't?" The girl said and the others started to agree with her.

You stopped in your tracks, "She got it because he materialistic and won't go for anybody unless they are at his level or higher- Oh wait, I guess he can't find someone who is better than himself because he is, the Grand King, My bad." You said loudly with sarcasm evident in my tone of voice.

You looked back at the group of fangirls and the 'Grand King' and smiled at them. No one spoke and just stared at you. You turned away and started to walk. All you heard in the distance behind you were some girls trying to tell you that you were wrong, whilst others were agree with you and going again the Grand King. "That's what you get when one of your fans try to piss me off." You whispered to yourself and then smirked devilishly.

The bell rang indicating that school was over, you started to pack your things and grabbed all of your necessities. Your Sensei ended up calling you to talk to him before you left, considering you were your class female rep. He ended up making the male class rep and you stay longer to fill out papers, which sucked.

It was late and you went to your shoe locker to change shoes, you suddenly heard laughter from outside of the front of the school and seen other students walking to leave school. "Huh, club activities must have just ended..." you whispered to yourself and closed your shoe locker after finishing putting on your shoes and went to turn around to leave.

"Hey there loud mouth." You heard a voice say suddenly and you jumped, causing you to hit the lockers. "Ouch, Jesus Christ don't do that! When in the hell did you get there?" You yelled with shock. There he was, the Grand King.

"I've never talked to you before, so why would you say that about me?" He asked with a smile, even though he was clearly pissed off. "I don't know just what you're talking about." You said innocently, putting on a dumbfound look.

"You don't? Well let me refresh your memory. You called me out on something that totally wasn't true, then just walked away from me! You can't just do that- Hey where are you going?!" He yelled angrily at you. You had started to walk away from him with a completely blank expression on your face.

"I have better things to do than be yelled at for something so stupid. I didn't actually believe you would care." You said bluntly and continued to walk. He started to follow me, "I don't, I'm just trying to make sure false rumors aren't made." He said bitterly. You chuckled at him and stopped walking, then turned around.

"Well Grand king, by saying that you have proved my point. You truly didn't have to come find me and try to tell me off if you didn't think all of that would be made a rumor. But you did, and you did it to the one person who didn't care." You said and smiled at him, he stared wide eyed at me. He looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't.

"Have a nice night Grand King." You spoke then turned and started to walk away again. after walking for around fifteen seconds the boy spoke to you again, "My name isn't Grand King, it's Oikawa Toru!" He exclaimed and you laughed "Nice! Don't know if I'll remember that though!" You yelled back and waved your hand.

You walked to school, recalling the events that had happened the night before. "Wow I hope I don't have to deal with him for a while." You mumbled to yourself approaching the school gates. "Hey (Y/N)-chan! Over here!" You heard someone yell at you. You looked around and seen him waving at your direction.

"Oh no..." You mumbled to yourself and sighed. "Why him? Why me?" You thought to yourself, tired of the day already. He started to jog towards your after you didn't start to approach him instead. You started to speed walk away, but he kept calling for you and following you. He started to catch up to you so you went faster. Both him and you were almost running now but he was still gaining speed considering that he had longer legs than you did.

Then suddenly you were being stopped by a hand on your shoulder. "(Y/N)-chan why are you running?" He smiled, which was clearly fake by the way, and you looked back with a fake smile "I have to get to class. Also, how do you know my name and why are you using my first name?" You lied through your teeth and continued to smile.

"Then I'll go with you. I asked around. Also wow I didn't know you were your class female rep!" He exclaimed and you scoffed. "Don't bother and I wouldn't expect you too, if you did know before that would be creepy." You explained truthfully and started to walk away. He followed anyways, "Maybe but I'd like to get to know you, what are your digits?" He asked and you sighed.

"Could you stop trying to be buddy buddy with me? And was that a question to ask for my phone number because surely one of your fangirls would like it a hell of a lot more than I ever would." You said uninterested, he sighed "Just do it." He said and looked away.

"Why should I? I have no reason to." You told him truthfully. He honestly didn't in your opinion. "Ugh. You know what. Come watch my game after school today. If we win, you owe me your number and a date, if you win, then I'll never bother you again." He stated and you scoffed, "Why would I agree to that?" You asked and he shrugged.

"Maybe because it gives you the chance to get away from me for good?" He said trying to persuade you, you didn't reply you just looked at him. "I'll buy you what ever you want if we lose." "Deal."

In the end, his team ended up winning the match causing you to reluctantly give up your number. He ended up taking you to an amusement park which you actually ended up enjoying and then got something to eat. You two grew closer and started to talk to each other a lot more than before.

Eventually the two of you started dating, you didn't really even know how it happened or why. Your original idea of him had taken a complete one-eighty degree turn and thought he was one of the best people in the world now to your surprise. But you never actually knew why he had asked for your number and a date, because you were a complete jackass to him. Until you decided to ask him out of curiosity.

"Hey Toru?" You asked him, one day when you were sitting on his bed with him at his house. "Yeah (Y/N)?" He replied casually. "Why did you ever ask for my number and a date when we first met? I was a complete jerk to you. So I don't get it." You questioned him, he stayed silent for a while until he sighed and spoke up, "Well, how do I put it... You... You were different."