14

(Trigger warning better safe then sorry)

Dan tried to wash his bruised, tear stained face, hoping it would all go away, that this was all just a dream. But no it was real. The pain from the bruises were real. The sleepless nights were real. This was the day Phil was going to Skype him, the day Phil might leave him. Last time they spoke Dan had fewer bruises, now he had one at the bottom of he jawline, one in the top right of his head and a few dotted around his neck. He had more of course all over his body but Phil didn't need to know that.

His laptop was on the other side of the room. Dan just stared at it his heart beating in his chest when the screen lit up. He quickly stumbled over to press the green button, then the pixels showed Phil figure.

"Hey," Dan mumbled, his throat croaky from the tears and yelling at his dad.

"Oh my, Dan what has he done to you?" The sadness erupted in Phil's voice. He tried to hide it be failed. Soon after his eyes were filling up.

"I'm fine," Dan just replied back a blatant lie, it was on obvious lie; he was covered in bruises, cuts and even scars had started to form in his skin.

"I know your not Dan," tears escaped Phil's eyes as he spoke. "We need to get you out of there as quickly as possible, I'll take the day off work come to me today," Phil's words were quick. He wanted to hold Dan. To make sure he was safe. To sleep next to him.

"My dad wo-" Dan starts then interrupted but his dads screaming.

"OI YOU POORLY RAISED LAD WHERE YOU AT?!" His father's voice was loud as it cut through the quietness of their voices. The words yelled at Dan made Phil bust out crying.

"Put yourself on mute..." Dan whispered moving his laptop across the room. Phil nodded eyes filled with over spilling tears. "Up here dad," Dan managed to get out loud enough.

Soon after he could hear the heavy footsteps booming up the stairs. Dan started shaking in his skin, he took one glance at the laptop, gave a quick smile and turned back to the door. The door bust open revealing his dad. "Right lad what gender do you like?" He voice sound soft but bitter.

"Male," Dan croaked, rapidly his father's had rushed down to his check and collided with Dan face. Dan didn't yelp, he didn't scream out in pain, he just took it, it was like he didn't even acknowledge it. Dan glanced at the screen of his laptop to see Phil screaming silently tears rushing down his face.

"If your mother was here-" he dad started before Dan stood up quickly.

"Mother wouldn't let you hit me! Mother wouldn't let you scream at me! Mother would accept me!" Dan bellowed at the top of his lungs once again another raised hand from his father came rushing down on his face, and once again no yelp or scream but this time he winced in pain bringing his hand up to his face.

"Your breaking boy, bit by bit. You will become the boy I know you can be," his dad chucked before walking out and slamming the door.

Dan turned to the laptop after hearing the heavy footsteps going down the stairs. "You can come off mute now," Dan whispered going to his laptop. Phil was in a mess of tears.

"I-I can't believe he did that," Phil sobbed "and all I could do was watch," Phil completely broke down he was a crying mess.

"Hey, it's okay ," Dan smiled slightly wincing as the smile tugged on his cheeks. Phil's eyes glanced at Dan's hair how had he not noticed? Noticed what was once a soft and silky looking was not mattered like it hadn't been brushed in a while. Now he just wanted Dan in his arms more then ever.

"I'm coming to get you," Phil blurts out and goes out of camera view to get his shoes on.

"No. You can't I'm coming tomorrow anyway," Dan say quickly. Phil doesn't come back into camera view. "If my dad gets you god know what he would do," Dan sighs just as Phil comes back into view and sighs as well.

"Come at early as you can okay?" Phil whispers, his words soft as he spoke. Dan nods slightly before giving another smile that tugs at his cheeks. Phil gave a smile in return. "How's your face?" Phil asks in concern, Dan however just shrugs with no verbal response.

Dan wasn't making matters any worse, Phil just wanted to drive over to him and hold him in his arms. Dan wanted Phil to come over but he knew if he did, his dad would go mental and probably hurt Phil. He didn't want nothing to happen to him. Dan loved him with his heart. He was surprised Phil was still sat on Skype to him even after what had happened and his problematic lifestyle.

"It's started bruising," Phil's soft cut Dan's thoughts straight in half. Dan lowered his head and looked at his hands that were covered in bruises also.

"Yeah I bruise quickly," Dan mumbles "I best get going before dad comes up," Dan looks up from his hands gave a quick smile forget his pain.

"Okay. Stay safe, I love you. See you tomorrow," Phil talked clenching his jaw as tears swelled up in his eyes.

"Bye," was Dan's only response before clicking the end call. After he had ended the called Dan pushed his laptop to the side and switched off his phone. He knew Phil was going to text him and he didn't want his phone going off right now. After the phone was off the younger male climbed into the looking out to the darkness outside and his eyes fluttered shut tears forming inside. He ignored them drifting of to a harsh slumber.

Phil after the call had ended he also closed his laptop placing it upon the bedside table in his room. He let the tears escape that he was holding in his eyes. What he had saw he could never erase from his memory, the devil hurting and angel. It hurt him a little that Dan didn't say 'I love you' back to him but it was the least of his worries. He need to get Dan safe.  It broke him every time he saw the image of Dan's father hurting him. But he pulled up his phone before drifting in a slumber full of pain.

Phil: see you tomorrow

Phil: let me know when you wake up

Phil: I want you to be safe

Phil: I love you <3

Delivered

--
Well then a few people have been DMing me and commenting  when the next chapter will be here. There you go. Sorry it maybe a little sad I was walking to school while writing half of it. Also TYSM FOR 300 READS LIKE WHAT THATS SO MUCH!!!