-Blooming Iris Chapter 10-

"Okay, what's so funny?" I asked him, voicing my thoughts out loud.

"Nothing," he answered, still chuckling to himself.

"Fine, don't tell me." I pouted, turning away from him.

"Come on Iris, don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad."

"Yes you are, just admit it."

"There's nothing to admit," I replied, still not facing him.

"Come on Iris, I was just teasing you," he told me finally. "Promise, so please don't be mad?"

"No, I'm still mad at you," I told him, even though I was just playing with him. Truth was, I wasn't even mad at him in the first place, and I bet you Richard knows this too, but he's just playing along with it.

"Fine, will you forgive me after you see the second part of your gift?" he proposed the offer, raising his eyebrows.

"Maybe..."

"Alright then." He nodded. "Wait here, I'll get it now," he ordered, before he disappeared into his closet.

After waiting for five minutes, Richard finally appeared.

I took a look at Richard's hands, and nothing. Not even a key or a box. Maybe the second gift is empty air? If that's the case, I would be happy. I already felt guilty for the first part of the present, and I don't need to feel even guiltier then I already did.

"Your second gift is ready," Richard voiced, standing in front of me.

"Really? Where is it?" I asked, because really I didn't see anything, unless it's in his pockets?

"Right here," he said, producing a small remote and a key from his right pocket.

"A remote and a key?" I asked, confused, taking it from him.

Looking down at the silver key, I realized it had a little symbol on the back of it. "IC', what does that stand for?"

"You'll see," he said smiling mischievously.

"Okay, and what's the remote for?" I asked.

"To open stuff."

"Open what?" I asked.

Okay, either he doesn't want to show me the gift, or he's just teasing me again, but one thing is for sure, he's not explaining a whole lot!

"Stuff."

"Okay, Richard, I'm a little bit confused. Is the Key and remote my present or something?"

"Yes."

"What's with the one word responses?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Because..." he said, shifting from one foot to another.

"Come on Richard, just tell me please?" I asked, begging him with my puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," he surrendered, just like I thought he would.

"The symbol on the key stands for 'Iris' Clothes', and the remote is for controlling the hanger machine that holds some of the clothes," he explained, pointing to each item when he was explaining things.

"Iris' Clothes? Hanger Machine? You bought me clothes?" I asked, putting the pieces together.

"Yeah." Richard smiled down at me. "I didn't know what you wanted and all, but I got some ideas from the shopping channel you were watching the other day."

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I know it's not much, but I really hope you like the clothes I got for you," he replied nervously, scratching behind his head.