-Blooming Iris Chapter 25-

(Not Edited)

***

Richard's POV~

Why is she doing this to me? Does she enjoy causing me pain? If she does; task complete. 

Every time she's with him, my heart breaks in half. I just want to rip her away from him! She doesn't belong with him... why can't she see that? She shouldn't be holding his hand like that, let alone going out with him. 

Maybe she'd made her choice.... and her choice sadly isn't me. 

"Richard, there's someone at the door for you." 

Looking up, I saw Sara standing there with a smile on her face.

Woah... since when did she get here? Was I really that absorbed with my thoughts to not hear her footsteps or the door opening?

I tried to smile back, even though it probably didn't reach my eyes. "Who?" 

Maybe it's my mother. She was suppose to be back today anyways. 

"I'm not really sure," she said. "All she told me was to get you."

Strange... I wonder who that could be. 

"Alright, I'll be down in a few." 

She nodded, turned around, and headed out the door, leaving it open.

Letting out a long sigh, I got up, padding my way slowly towards the door. Not bothering to close the door, I made my way downstairs, looking for this mystery girl. I scanned the living room thoroughly, but I never saw anyone. I was about to search in the kitchen, when I heard a soft voice behind me.

"You must be Richard."

Whipping around, I saw her. She looked pretty young, maybe eighteen, with bright red hair, and the biggest brown eyes I'd ever saw. Overall she's a pretty girl, but she was nothing compared to Iris. 

"Yeah, who are you?"

She smiled, her eyes lighting up. "I'm Molly. Nice to meet you." Holding out her hand, she stepped forward. 

"Likewise." I shook her hand, letting go after a few seconds. "So um, what business do you have with me?"

She smirked, coming forward again. Strange... why do I suddenly have the urge to run away from her? "Oh... nothing much... " She ran her hands up and down my arm, grabbing my tie, pulling me closer to her face, trapping me at the same time, "... just—"

I gasped, as my eyes widened in shock. 

Why. The. Hell. Is. She. Kissing. Me!? 

Just as I was about to push her away from me, a loud slam echoed through the living room, followed by footsteps pounding against the floor.

She finally pulled away from me, giggling, hooking her arm through my arm, while I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do.

"What is wrong with you!?" Shane's voice roared, breaking the silence in the air.

My head snapped up as I opened my mouth to explain, when I saw Iris' face. She was just standing there, her blue eyes stained with tears, her lips quivering.

Please, don't tell me... 

"Iris—"

She ran. And ran. All the way upstairs, to her room. 

She saw... 

"Why are you kissing another girl Richard?" Shane asked, his voice filled with anger. "You just broke her heart! And I thought you actually care about her."

"I do care!" 

"No, no you don't." He give me once last glare, before he left as well, leaving me with Molly.

Grabbing her hand, I ripped it from me. Putting some distance between us, I looked down at her with a cold glare.

"Why the hell did you kissed me!?"

She caused this. She caused Iris to cry. 

Her face remained emotionless, the corners of the lips curving up. "Because, I'm your fiancée."

Iris' POV~

"Iris, are you okay?" Shane asked, knocking on the door.

I nodded my head, not knowing what else to say. I don't even know why I even ran up the stairs, crying. It's just when I saw them kissing, it stirred up an emotion in the pit of my stomach that I haven't experienced yet... it might have been jealously, but I'm not quite sure. I don't have anything to compare it to.

"Iris, you're not fine. You're crying."

"I know."

He cracked a smile, bend down, and scooped me up. Carrying me to my bed, he gently set me down, taking the seat next to me. Wiping some of the tears away, he moved me closer to him. Placing his warm hand over mine, he rubbed soothing circles around it, hugging me with the other.

"I'm sorry, you'd to see that."

"It's not your fault..."

"I know, but still. If I would've known he would do that, I wouldn't gone through with the plan."

I looked up, staring at him in confusion. "Plan?"

"You see, I lied."

"Lied?"

"I never liked you like that... you're more like a little sister to me than anything," he confessed slowly, watching my face carefully, afraid of my reaction.

So wait... when he told me he liked me... he was lying?

"Why?" I mumbled under my breath. Why would he lie to me about that?

"Iris, you'd never liked me either."

"I-I didn't?"

He shook his head. "No, you like Richard."

"No, I don't!" I shouted quickly, biting my lip.

"Yeah you do, and so does he. But he was too subborn to admit it, so I thought up a plan. I thought making him jealous would finally get him to confess his feelings to you, but I guess wrong."

"Hold up." I held my hand up. "So, this was all a plan to get us together?"

He nodded.

"But that girl... is she part of the plan?" If she is, maybe Richard didn't kiss her...

His eyes wandered away from me, letting his hands drop. "No. She isn't. I'm not sure who she—"

"Maybe I can tell you."

We both turned around, coming face to face with the redhead from before.

"Hi, I'm Molly, and I'm Richard's fiancée. Nice to meet you."

***

Sorry this chapter was long over-due (I'm so sorry! I was busy with school and finishing up my college apps and plus with writer's block (yes again) I didn't have time to write), and it's not even that long, but I still hope you liked the chapter :)