Not Really a Secret, But Not What The History Books Say What Happened

Once upon a time, Mexico took a stroll. It was a lovely day, so lovely that he wasn't paying attention to where he was going. Mexico accidentally tripped, and his glasses flew off his face.

Luckily, America was nearby, and heroically sprung into action after hearing Mexico's cries. He rushed to the scene, crying, "Mexico! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Mexico grumbled. "You know where my glasses are, though?"

America bent over and picked up the rims. He went to hand them back, but dropped them. "Hey, those are slippery! It's almost like they don't want to be worn by you!" America laughed.

Mexico looked at him incredulously. "They're glasses. They can't have feelings."

"Neither can countries!" America said with a wink. He held the pair of glasses out in front of him saying, "Hey, I really like the design of these!" Putting them on, Alfred asked, "How do I look? Heroic, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sure all the ladies love you. But those are mine, so give them back." Mexico demanded.

"Naaaaah, I like these. I think I'm keeping them." America said flippantly.

"You will not!" Mexico lunged for the glasses, but got stopped mid-air by Alfred's fist. "Nope, mine." Alfred declared, and walked into the sunset.

And that's how the U.S. got Texas.