Waking Up To Dust And Pain

Tim was the first to wake up. He groaned as he slowly opened his baby blue eyes to see Superman leaning over him with a pair of green handcuffs wrapped around his wrist. Tim gasped in pain as he tried to sit up farther but the pain in his back was unbearable. Dick rushed over to him and check his back and gasped at the site when he pulled up the dirty ratted shirt. Deep red marks that crossed and zigged zagged across his back making it warm to the touch and throbbing with pain. Jason came over and helped Dick help Tim lay on his stomach making him shiver against the cold stone ground.

"How did this happen no one has been in here since we were brought in here?" Superman asked the younger boys who sat on each side of Tim trying to calm him down some so they can look at his marked back without him squirming around every time they touched him. The boys looked at Superman with a concerned look plastered onto each of their faces but Superman knew better he could see the raging fire of anger burn in their irises of their eyes. Making him almost feel sorry for the guys who did this to their younger brother. Almost making him feel sorry for them but he didn't because he had the same feeling they did.

"I don't know but we have to get them covered before they get infected." whispered Jason as he took off his shirt and press it gentle against Tim's back. Jason shivered at the cold air that surrounded them. Superman felt sorrow in his gut as he looked at the teens trying to calm Tim down and help him to wear it wouldn't get injured farther down the road. Superman sighed as he looked at the two youngest siblings in the room. Damian laid passed out still against the metal frame of the bed. He was cuddled up in a small ball. With the chains wrapped around his wrist. His black hair falling into his face making him look younger than 10. He then glanced up to the sleeping figure under the ratted blanket. Their kidnappers placed the only female in the room on the bed under a thin ratted blanket. Making her chance of not getting sick just slightly better but still high along with the rest of the kids. He need to figure out a way for him and the kids to get out of here and it needed to be fast.

The rock on the other side of the room opened making Superman jump. He stood up to see a woman dressed in black carrying a heavy looking box walk into the room. She dropped the box on the dirty stone floor and pulled out a knife and cut the tape of the top of the brown cardboard box. She then stood up and went to Margret who laid on the bed sound asleep. She rested her two fingers on Margret's neck and felt the pulse slowly beat. She sighed before pulling out a syringe filled with a clear substance that none of the boys knew what it was. Before any of the boys could do anything about it she stabbed the needle into her arm and push the substance into it. She then place the needle back where she got it and produced another one and went to Damian. Feeling his heartbeat was slow she did the same as she did to Margret to him. She stood up and walked out of the room. Making the stone wall slid back into place making it look like there was no escape.

Superman rushed over to Margret and felt for a pulse. He sighed in relief when he felt one against his fingers. He then went to Damian and felt the same. He then notice that Damian was moving slowly like he was in a bad dream. He gapped at the sight of the youngest boy moving around like he was trapped in his own worst nightmare and was trying to break free of its grasp. Superman then looked at Margret who was doing the same. She thrashed about on the bed making the blanket come off her legs. Superman was beyond angry now and looked back at Damian who stopped thrashing about and was slowly opening his bright blue eyes. Dick quickly rushed over the the boys and wrapped his arms around the small boy who usually rejected the love but he instantly attached onto Dick's shirt and buried his small face into his chest and began to cry.

Dick sat against the wall and brought Damian onto his lap and gently rubbed circles around on his back trying to calm the child down so he could talk to them. Slowly the loud sobs became quiet sobs before ending in small hiccups. Damian never cried unless if it was a dream he thought was real and it was about his family that he grew attached to even Tim. Who he would make fun of but that was his way of showing his love and appreciation. No one really knew this but Tim was his favorite deep down inside of him. Yeah he says that Dick is his favorite which isn't a lie but he looked up to Tim instead of Dick most of the time.

Superman walked over to the boys and looked over Damian. He raised the shirt the boy wore and noticed the same marks that were on Tim were on Damian as well but were covering him chest and stomach. Superman looked up at Dick who looked like he was ready to punch someone. He then sighed and walked over to Margret who now stopped thrashing about on the bed and was starting to slowly walk up. Her evergreen forest eyes looking around at her brothers and Superman.

He sat down on the worn out bed and place his cuffed hands on her shoulders. She slowly sat up. Feeling light headed she leaned against the man of steel making him wrap his muscular arms around her the best he could. She gripped onto his shirt that he was wearing crying into his chest. He then took off his cape and wrapped Margret in it before returning to the same position before.