Chapter 3: Damsel in Distress?

Cerise's P.O.V.

"Class dismissed!"

I gather up my books when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see... Blondie Lockes?

"Hi?" I say, confused.

"Um, Cerise? Can I talk to you?"

"Sure," I'm astonished a Royal is even talking to me.

"Um, in private..." She looks around at the many students bustling by.

"Yeah," I look around too, but not at the students. Where could Blondie and I talk? "Ah! There," I point at an empty balcony sticking out of the classroom.

"That's a good place, but it's not just right!"

I roll my eyes. Daughter of Goldilocks, everything has to be "just right". Not to hot, not to cold, just right. "It's perfectly fine, Blondie!"

"Okay, okay!" She walks over to the balcony and I follow.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Us!" She replies.

"Us?!?" I step back disgusted. Does she like me?!?! Like, like like?!

"No!" She yells, almost as if reading my mind. "I don't, just...eww!!! How could you even think that?!? I meant, we should be friends!"

Why does a Royal want to be my friend? "Well, we can't." I say sternly.

She sighs. "I know that! But I'm saying secretly!"

Somebody wants to be my friend? I'll definitely jump at the chance. "Okay... How can we keep the secret?" I reply, deep in thought.

"We can join this," she pulls a flyer out of her pocket.

Join the Damsel in Distress Elective!

Are you a damsel?

Are you in distress?

Don't wait for your Prince Charming, learn how to save yourself in a sticky situation!

Choose the Damsel in Distress club as your elective!

*royals only*

I tilt my head to one side.

"It says 'Royals only' I can't sign up."

"Yes," Blondie says, nodding. "That's where your wrong. I can make you into a Royal!"

"What?"

"Just meet me by the fountain after school today, Cerise."

"Okay, I will."

She squeals with excitement. "This is going to be just right!"