Chapter 4: A Little Raven

Raven's P.O.V.

"Briar's party will be so much fun!" Maddie babbles.

"Maddie, remember?" I remind her. "It's Royals only."

Maddie pouts. "That is so not fair! Lets throw a party that's Rebels only!"

I smile. "Not a bad idea, Maddie."

"Perfect! I'm gonna go invite all of the Rebels!" She runs off down the halls.

I walk into my room and see my roommate Apple crying on her bed.

"What's wrong Apple?" I ask, going over to my friend.

"Why do you care?" She sobs.

"Because I'm your friend," I thought it was obvious. She uses a bright pink handkerchief to dry her tears.

"I think Blondie is betraying us!" She spats.

"Wait, what?"

"By 'us' I mean you and me, but by 'me' I mean Royals, and by 'you' I mean Rebels-"

"Stop, slow down, Apple..." I interrupt. "What do you mean Blondie is betraying us? I mean you... I mean me... I mean.... Uh, I'm so confused..." I put my cold, pale hand up to my forehead.

Apple leans in closer. "I think Blondie is talking to a Rebel!" She whispers, even though we're the only ones in our dorm.

"So? You talk to me, Briar talks to Maddie. What's the big deal?"

Apple sighs. "I know we're friends, but we're not best friends. That's not even allowed!"

I nod, agreeing.

"Anyway," she continues. "I think Blondie is best friends with Cerise!"

"That's impossible," I deny. "For two reasons. One: Like you said, Royals and Rebels can't be best friends. Two: Cerise doesn't talk to anyone, let alone a Royal!"

"True...but I'm still suspicious! Check out these pics," she pulls out her phone and shows me pictures of Cerise and Blondie talking and studying together.

"Yeah, I guess that's a little suspicious."

"And we're gonna get to the bottom of it!"