(3) Celebrations are in Order

EDITED!

Zoey's POV

I shuffle around on the couch trying to find a more comfortable position to lay in, the second hand upholstered furniture hiss underneath my weight with every movement. I should already be fast asleep preparing what will probably be a hectic day tomorrow but, somehow three whole hours after coming home, I'm up watching Young and Hungry and eating pizza.

Speaking of pizza.

I lean over closer towards the coffee table, picking up a cheesy slice off the small plastic plate. Devouring half of it, I sink back in the couch with the mouthwatering piece in my hand. Yum.

"Zee, did you borrow the curling iron?" The light of the television illuminate the slim figure of my house companion frantically searching the cluttered surfaces while making her way over to the couch. "I can't find it anywhere." 

Standing fully now in the kitchen light, I can make out the detailed bodycon dress she's wearing. That's not the kind of pyjama you wear to bed if you ask me, if so then I need to seriously step up my wardrobe.

"Have fun wherever you are going gorgeous," I bite into the remaining pizza shaking the dry lingering crumbs from my fingertips

"Wherever we are going," she emphasizes running her polished nails up and down the wall. Moments later the overhead light switch on immediately causing my eyes to water profusely.

I guess this is what I get for sitting in the dark.

Squinting my eyes I try to block out the burning sensation in the back of my eye socket. I can see random purple dots in my otherwise clear vision.

Is that normal?

"I am glad Brian is finally fired. I plan on celebrating this joyful moment, it definitely does not help that my new boss is fucking sexy," she heave a short sigh. "I may swoon over him all day instead of doing what I actually get paid to do. Anyway celebrations are in order and you're going to come with me."

"I have work tomorrow, remember?" I open my eyes, making them adjust to the harsh light. "You know that they are always understaffed, if I go to a club this late I may not be able to wake up tomorrow on time for my shift."

"Oh, and that's why you're watching a movie?" She flash me a sarcastic smile. "Please, okay? I need this. We'll be back before twelve, your workplace is literally a three minute walk from here."

Yeah, she is right. The diner is literally just down the road.

Even if I agree to go to Club Ace's. It's not like we can waltz in the front door anyway. Dylan is not friendly, or cooperative.

The last time we tried to bribe him into letting us skip the line, he simply kicked both of us out on our ass all together. Lesson learnt. You can't just waltz up and go in especially in an elite club like that. You have to have connections— real legit connections.

"Sure. I'll go with you," I rub my forehead in thought. "but I need to know how we're gonna get in first."

"Yes," Kat squeal jumping on the couch to wrestle me in a tight hug. For a petite woman her grip is deadly secure.

"You can let go now," I practically plead in short breaths. "Anytime soon."

"Sorry." She releases me from her hold sighing in content. "I thought I would have to drag you to the bar. So remember the last time we went and tried to bribe the bouncer?"

"Yeah, plain as day."

How I can I forget that night, it was downright humiliating. The shouting and stares is still so vivid and fresh in my mind, even after all these months.

"Well that bouncer got fired last week, Mike is the new bouncer there now."

"Mike?" I voice the thought running through my mind. "How is that significant to what I asked?"

"It's a long story, but he took a certain liking to me. I'll just flirt with him to get in."

Great this time we might get arrested. There's something I've always wanted to see inside of a freaking jail cell!

"Oh, there's my curling iron." She hop off the couch to fetch the heating tool hiding beside the television. "We don't have the whole night, let's go!"

"I'm gonna take a quick shower first, my deodorant is wearing off." Switching off the television, I fold the box covering the remaining slices. "Can you put that up for me?"

Getting up from the couch I sprint to my room to freshen up.

The sooner I'm out that door, the sooner I'll be back.

××××××××

Katherine finally put down the heating wand an hour later pushing me to the full-length mirror prop up on the artistic wallpaper in the background.

I stare at my reflection in total awe, the last time I ever let someone this close to my face was  three years ago when I had to get dolled up for a high class masquerade ball.

What a different world that was.

A messy ponytail sits on the top of my head, a few curly tendrils here and there accentuate my nude eyes and highlighted cheeks. The red dress Kat chose looks very exquisite although it reveals way too much, I pair the outfit with black strappy stilettos and a dark matte lipstick.

The style combo looks very expensive even though I got both for less than fifteen dollars at a thrift store

"Ready?" Kat passes the black leather cluth I packed earlier.

"Yeah," I accept the bag, not trying to think about my sweaty palms clinging it. Taking one last glance at myself I walk out of the boxy bedroom behind Kat.

Here goes nothing.

===========================================================================

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Thanks for reading.

Kellisa16