Romina

"So, what was that little scene back there about? Huh?" He demanded, leaning against his car with his arms folded, "I thought you were in town to study law."

"I am." She protested angrily, "But Romina is a family friend and she needs help, and I'm determined to help her get back on track."

"Why are you bothering?" Hoffman sighed, raking a hand through his thick hair in irritation, "Some people can't be helped, Cyan. They have to help themselves."

Cyan stared at him for a moment.

"You aren't exactly the optimist, you know."

"I think that's part of my personality and my career." Hoffman responded dryly as a few drops of rain started to settle on his hair, "Do you need a ride? I'm heading back across town now."

"I was supposed to be getting one with Mina. One moment." Cyan grunted, heading over to a battered looking blue car in the middle of the street.

Was she actually blushing?

She began talking to Mina, but soon the conversation became heated. Cyan threw her hands up in the air and roared in Spanish as Mina drove away, sticking her finger up out of the window.

"IDIOTA! VETE AL INFIERNO!"

Mark opened the passenger door with a slight  grin and stepped back as Cyan got in, muttering in rapid Spanish.

He got in behind the wheel and pulled away from the clinic, slowly adopting his cold, emotionless personality once again.

"What did you say?" He asked her finally once she managed to control her temper.

"¿Qué?" She asked distractedly, "Oh, that. Idiot and go to hell. I think you were right. I won't be seeing her for a while."

"Optimism is limited. Where are you heading?"

"You can drop me off at the corner of Main Street if you want. I'm going to get something from the coffee shop." Cyan smiled, revealing a dimple in her cheek, "Thanks for the ride."

Coffee. 

That seemed like an excellent idea.

"You're welcome." He replied stiffly, "I was heading over there anyway. It's my break."

'Perfect. That doesn't sound awkward at all, Mark.'

"Oh, that's alright then." She grinned, "Will you have a drink with me, Detective? It's on me."

Mark tried to think of an acceptable excuse, but his mind was a blank slate. He supposed that human interaction was necessary on occasion. 

It would also keep her off his back.

"Ok." He said finally, "But only if you teach me some Spanish."

"Vale." She laughed at his confused face, "It means OK."

Mark rubbed his face tiredly and sighed, already regretting the idea.

"I have a lot to learn."