Betrayal

Mark felt uneasy as he left the coffee shop, glancing back over his shoulder at Cyan.

Where the hell did Strahm go?

He watched for a moment as Cyan glanced around outside the building before heading towards a man at another table, a man with a familiar bandage.

"You. Little. Bitch." Mark snarled, his fists curling in anger as she leant over towards Strahm.

He stormed up the street towards his car, shouldering past the onlookers in complete silence.

There should be no emotions involved.

Do you like how brutality feels, Mark?

He slammed his fists into the steering wheel as the memory of Cyan leaning over Strahm flashed across his eyes.

The trap will be the ultimate test.

Mark thought of Cyan and Strahm in the room together. He knew that Peter Strahm was impulsive and would learn nothing from his test.

But Cyan...

She was smarter, calmer. She would take the time to listen to the tape, giving him ample time to fight Strahm and be thrown into the box.

But what about her?

If Strahm closed the lid on him, she would suffer the same fate.

No emotions.

Brutality.

Mark smiled twistedly as he caught sight of the agent with his hand around Cyan's arm, his head bent towards her slightly as she spoke quickly.

Oh yes, he liked how brutality felt.

Brutality was the only thing he had left.