Chapter Fifteen.

I felt awkward in the middle of their group as we walked into the arena, but I was determined not to let it show, especially since Jen was cutting her eyes at me in every free moment she could grasp.

Seeing Aaron waiting by one of the concession stands was like a breath of fresh air. He smiled when he saw me too and he walked over, another girl following behind him, and he hugged me, making Hunter drop his arm from around my shoulders.

"Surprised to see you." Aaron narrowed his eyes at me.

I shrugged it off. "Yeah well, I love the circus." I mumbled and he laughed at me. Neither one of us missed the uncomfortable look that passed Hunter's face when he grabbed my hand and pulled me over to one of the other stands that was selling all kinds of circus toys.

I glanced back and watched Hunter and the group give the girl who had walked up with Aaron hugs, assuming she must be Sarah.

"So, what'll it be?" Aaron asked, drawing my attention back. He fanned a hand out over all of the light up wands, necklaces, cups, and other toys marked with the circus emblems.

I opened my mouth to answer, but snapped it back shut when Hunter wrapped his arms around me from behind over my shoulders and leaned his head against the side of mine. Aaron gave him a look and He leaned off of me, scooting around the other people who were crowding the table and he pointed down to the far end. "That's what she needs." He smiled from Aaron to me, winking.

"Nice choice, Quaid." Aaron nodded then flagged down the merchant. "We want one of the crowns, and three necklaces."

My face flushed when Aaron finished paying and then placed the neon flashing crown on my head and passed me the bright pink light up necklace. Aaron put on one of the necklaces himself and then gave the other to Hunter who in turn jogged back over to the rest of our group where they were ordering food and he put the last necklace around Jen's neck.

"I'm starving." I sighed when I saw the food venders. Aaron took my hand and we walked over to the rest of Hunter's friends. I waited in line as everyone got their things and moved off to the side, all laughing like lifelong friends. I was actually pretty glad that Aaron was here too since at least I knew another person.

I ordered a hot dog, popcorn, and a large soda. When I reached for my pocket to get my debit card Aaron smacked my hand and shook his head at me sternly. "I've got it." He told me, passing his own card over to the woman and asking for my drink to be put into the commemorative circus cup. I stood back and let him do his thing, admiring again how cute he really was. I'm not usually that attracted to the big muscle building type, but he didn't look overdone, his black sweater stretching over his long arms not annoying me like it usually would.

He turned around fast and caught me looking, smiling knowingly. "Ready?" He asked, reaching over to adjust my crown slightly.

"I am." I said honestly, the sounds of the announcer coming out through the speakers. I was biting my lip to keep my face from splitting around a childish smile as Aaron and I led the group through the curtain and down into the arena, scanning the rows and rows of seats to find our numbers.

I shuffled my feet in excitement when I found our seats so close to the bottom and right in front of the center ring. The buzz in the air and the nostalgia of the whole arena, the lights turned down and the flashing toys in the hands of children all around us casting glows in every direction, completely distracted me from my nerves of being here with strangers. I forgot myself and skipped down the row to the middle seat, sitting down and patting my knees.

"You're adorable." Aaron whispered close to my ear when he sat in the spot on my left.

"I'm excited!" I laughed, shaking my shoulders and smiling from ear to ear.