Chapter 2

Emily looks at the man who she has never stopped loving with a smile on her face.

"Sonny, don't you get it? I would do just about anything for you and I mean it. I would even lie and take the heat for killing my brother if it meant that you get aquitted and walk out of here a free man."

"I know that you would but that is the one thing that I would never ever want you to do. You don't deserve to pay for what I did to your brother. You deserve to live the amazing life that I have always wanted you to live with a man who will give you the very best of everything and who will do anything and everything in his power to make you happy for the rest of your life. You deserve the unconditional love of a man who hasn't put you in harm's way or has done nothing but cause you so much pain. Like I told you once before I'm not good for you. You deserve to be with a good and decent man who doesn't have breakdowns or gets arrested and shot at on a daily basis."

Emily walks over closer towards him and takes his hands in hers.

"Sonny, don't you get it. Your not just any man. Sonny, you are the man who I have been waiting my entire life for. Your the man of my dreams. I can honestly say that I have never felt so cared for, appreciated but most of all loved in all my life. You made me feel so alive and you helped me heal from what happened to me by giving me the time and space to get there all the while lettingme know each and everyday that nomatter what that you would always be here for me and that I could always count on you. Well, now I am here to tell you the exact same thing. Let me be here for you. I want to help you and take care of you the same way that you helped me. I will do whatever is necessary to make sure that you come home to your amazing kids and me. Sonny, I am standing here with my heart in my hands telling you that I love you morethan anything in this world and that nothing would make me happier than to spend the rest of my life with you. Please let me do this for you."

Sonny smiles showing her his million dollar smile. That same smile that was one of the many reasons why she fell in love with him all those years ago just after her marriage had fallen apart. It was then while at Greystone that day after Michael's therapy session.

Emily walks over closer towards him as she reaches out and takes his hand.

"Sonny, I love you. I've never stopped and no matter what happens with the verdict we'll be here waiting for you. The kids and I plan to write to you each and every day and we'll be sure to visit you all the time. This way that you don't forget that your family out here waiting for you to come home."