Part 9 - New Devon

I left the stone building behind and just ran. I don't know to where, but I needed to get out of there.

***

I climbed out of a door and jumped down on the ground behind. The house was barely even half, it was just walls and a broken roof. The trees were growing through it which made it fall apart even more. I sat down, leaning my back against the wooden wall behind me and covered my face with my hands.

Why?

That's my only question. Why?

Why do I love him?
Why do I care?

Why am I still alive?

The tears were drowning my cheeks and I just disappeared from reality for a moment.

Once I opened my eyes, I took a deep breath and stood up.

"Let's go find that goddamn treasure." I said to myself and climbed onto the roof to get a better view. There was a place called New Devon where Avery and the other pirates lived after, and during, building Libertalia. I need to get there. Maybe there's something in Avery's house that can help me find the treasure.

It was definitely not here, so it must be there or somewhere close to New Devon.

***

After an hour or so, of walking, I found lots of cages that was hung up on piles and gallows, kind of. I followed them until I was stopped by a gate and water coming out from it.

"I need a way up." I said to myself.

I'm talking to myself. Great.

I climbed up on a broken statue, then I jumped across to one of the gallows and further on them until I reached the gate.

I climbed upon it and what I saw was unbelievable.

This must be New Devon!

The whole place was flooded and damaged, except one house so I guess that must be Avery's.

My guess would be, that someone blew the dam.

I jumped down to the water and started to swim to the nearest house.

"I can't imagine what this placed looked like before someone decided to destroy it." I thought.

I continued through the houses, one by one. I was very star struck by each one of them. I wouldn't complain if I lived in a place like this.

As I entered the house right before Avery's, I saw Tew's sigils on the walls.
I found a room full with dead bodies and I noticed very quickly that it was them.

The Pirates.
The founders.

Except Henry Avery and Thomas Tew.

As I saw it, they got poisoned. Each sigil was laying in the table beside each pirate. Avery and Tew wasn't there.

"Well, I guess you didn't plan to clean up your mess, huh?" I said.

I continued and found myself a way up to the roof. And when I was there, I heard trucks.

I saw Shoreline-trucks rolling down to the front door to Avery's house.

"Fuck." I whispered.

Of course, Rafe was there, along with Nadine and her men, plus Sam. No Nathan.

They started to argue at the door but I didn't hear it except mumbling.

After a while they walked inside, and I saw a big hole into the wall on my right. I took my chance and entered.

I'm in the house of the one and only Henry Avery. I can't believe it.

I found my way inside the center. This place was huge. And Nadines men wasn't so good at covering their tracks so I could just follow their lead. It was muddy footprints all over the place.

The barricaded the doors, of course, so I had to break through. On the other side, I landed on a skeleton.

"Sorry, buddy." I apologized and stood up.

The footprints led me down a hidden staircase. I found Sams lighter, but decided to leave it be. If he dies, I don't think he'll need it.

***

Down in the tunnels, I lost their tracks, so I had to go with my gut and I know where well what happened last time I did.

The darkness surrounded me and I started to feel the panic creeping up inside of me. Being alone in the dark underneath a dead pirates house was not the best thing and I would never do it again, if I was asked to.

***

I entered a room with hanging body parts, or a few rooms with hanging body parts, like arms, chests, jaws and so on.

It creeped me out.

I followed the tunnels but stopped when I heard explosions.

Shoreline really finds any excuse to use dynamite, don't they? Morons.

But I later realized that it wasn't dynamite, but mummies. Exploding mummies.

Henry Avery was paranoid. No doubt.

***

I found a way out and I had to rest so I sat down on the ground.

I couldn't rest for long before I heard the explosions again. Someone was coming through the tunnels, but shoreline was ahead of me.

I decided to hide behind some rocks to find out who it was coming through.

The explosions kept going and suddenly two people rolled down from the tunnels, into the muddy water below and I knew exactly who it was.

Nathan and Elena.

I thought he died when I almost shot him.

I gave it some time before appearing to them.

"I think you can survive anything, Nathan Drake." I said, leaving my hiding place.

They both stood up and looked at me.

"Melanie?" He said.

"What a surprise seeing you here." I said sarcastically. "And you too, Elena."

"And I'm sorry about the thing back there. I wasn't really myself." I continued.

"Save it for later. We have to find Sam." Nathan said and they walked up to me. "Have you seen him?"

"Yeah, I followed them through here but lost their tracks and -"
I was interrupted by gunfire. "Now I found them again." I said, turning my back to Nathan and Elena and ran towards the sound of gun fire.

______

I'm getting close to the end but I don't know if I should do it more in detail now to make the story longer or just keep it short.

What do you think about me doing
One-Shots after this?
Yes? No? Comment!

Vote if you like this story so far