Part 12 - I'm Sorry

The ship was still intact when we entered it, but that had a quick turn.

Nadine and Orca stayed on the Shoreline-boat while Rafe and Knot got inside Avery's ship

Me, on the other hand, had to argue with Rafe to let me get on with them, and he gave in but told me to leave if anything bad turned up. I nodded, but I wouldn't leave him anyway.

On our way to the center of the ship, a canon was triggered which made the front of the ship fall apart and a big hole appear on the side. Knot was dead.

"Melanie -"Rafe said but I interrupted.

"No way, Rafe. I'm not leaving you here alone." I argued and he sighed.

"You'll die."

"And you too. I'm not letting that happen. Either we both leave the ship or we both stay. Don't argue with me again."

He sighed once again and we kept on going.

Wherever we walked, there was gold on the floor and jewels and all of that.

Suddenly, I felt a thick mass sliding down my leg. I sighed, and looked down on it. A huge cut on my right leg underneath my knee was bleeding and my entire shin was all bloody.

"Uh, Rafe?" I said and he turned around to face me but I kept staring at my leg. I didn't hurt but I was in shock.

"Oh no." He mumbled, running back to and kneeling down to get a better look at the cut. It was deep.

"I guess it happened when the canon went off." I said. "But I'm okay."

I tried to calm him down.

"You need to go back. You're losing a lot of blood." He stood up again.

"Melanie, please." He pleaded and held my hands. I shook my head.

"No, it's not gonna happen. I'm staying with you, okay?"

"I'm not gonna let you die here!" He argued and got a mad tone in his voice.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you kill yourself because of your obsession over this treasure. I'll die with you if I have to!" I shouted and he stood speechless. "So let's go!"

I walked around him and tried to find the center. Rafe followed, but didn't say anything.

We found the center, and it was full of gold. It was gold all over the place. On the floor, covering the walls, hanging from the ceiling. Then, I saw Sam on the other side of the room.

"Sam?" I shouted and he turned around, he looked at me in shock before turning to Rafe. He had his gun pointed at Sam.

We didn't say anything before another explosion went off. Sam fell over and got a huge pile over his body, leaving him unconscious. Rafe was knocked into a wall and hit his head very badly. The wound was bleeding a lot.

The loss of blood from my cut made me feel all dizzy. I found a tissue in my pocket which I handed to Rafe but he refused to take it.

"No, you need it more. I'm fine." He said. I sighed because of his stubbornness. He placed the tissue over my cut. It hurt.

"You are going to be okay, I promise." He said and grazed my cheek.

"We should leave." I couldn't say more before Rafe reacted to something else. He stood up, turned around and grabbed his gun before walking off. He disappeared in the smoke. Then I heard Nathans voice.

"Sam?" He shouted.

"Hey, Nate." Rafe said back while coughing. This is not gonna end well.

I need to stand up but I can't.