.:CHAPTER ONE:.

"Dan, you're staring."

Louise's giggle pulled Dan out of his trance and he dragged his gaze away from the pale boy across the lunchroom. He felt his face burning as he stared at the table.

"Sorry," he muttered. He fidgeted with the collar of his light pink sweater, as if he could inconspicuously pull it up to hide his bright red cheeks. This only made Louise giggle more.

"You are so hopelessly in love," she said, pushing Dan's shoulder affectionately. Dan laughed and swatted her hand away.

"I am not!" he said.

Louise rolled her eyes, though she was smiling. "Sure."

Dan turned his attention back to his food, but found himself glancing over every few seconds. How could he not? The tall, tattooed boy was near impossible to not look at. He spoke loudly with the people he was sitting with, every so often reaching up to adjust his blue fringe.

Deep down, Dan knew Louise was right, as she was with most things. Dan had had a crush on Phil for ages, ever since Phil had moved to their school in 7th grade. He had never gotten the courage to talk to him, though. What was the point? Someone as popular as Phil would never want to talk to a loser like Dan. Dan doubted he even knew he existed.

The rest of the lunch period was less eventful, as it usually was; Louise and Dan exchanged gossip and news from their personal lives, discussing classes and whatnot. The end of the hour came, and they stood up and let themselves get pulled along by the current of people flooding out the doors to get to their next classes.

*To any readers we may have, hello! We hope you enjoyed the first (albeit short) chapter of our phanfic! We'll be updating it on a weekly routine, so stay on the lookout for chapter two!*