.:CHAPTER THREE:.

"Just get it over with," Phil muttered to himself. "Why the hell are you nervous? It's just a bet. You've asked people out on bets before. This is no different. Just get it over with."

    He quickly checked his fringe on his phone, then, before he could wimp out, stood up and made his way across the front yard of the school to where Dan was standing.

    Phil walked up and leaned against a tree next to Dan, trying to act casual.

"Hey," he said, smirking. He flicked his head up to fix his fringe that was slipping down into his eyes.

Dad noticed it was Phil and blushed furiously. "Oh. Uh. H-hi, Ph-Phil," he stuttered as he cheeks got redder and redder with every passing second. He fidgeted nervously and could barely make eye contact.

    Phil turned so he was leaning with his back against the tree and folded his arms across his chest. "So, uh, I was thinking, and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go to dinner with me tonight?" he said, looking at Dan sideways.

    Dan squeaked, a noise Phil did not realize a human was capable of making. A few seconds which each felt like an eternity passed and Phil began to panic! at the disco when Dan said, "Can I, er, get back t-to you on that?"

    "Oh, uh, yeah," Phil said awkwardly. He fished around in his pockets until he found an old, unidentifiable piece of paper. "Do you happen to have a pen?"

    "What? Oh, um, yeah, just, uh-" he reached down to look through his bag. "Give me just- just a– crap," he said as his bag fell over and papers spilled out. He hurried to shove them back in. Phil bent down and helped him pick them up.

"It-it's fine," Dan said, blushing.

"No, no, let me help," Phil said. As he grabbed papers and handed them to Dan, their hands brushed, and Dan's face grew even warmer. He quickly looked back down. He realized that mixed among the papers that were strewn about were his drawings. He frantically scooped them into his bag before Phil could notice they were drawings of him.

Once all the papers had been safely returned to Dan's bag, he handed Phil a pen. "H-here," the red-faced boy said.

"Thanks," Phil said, smiling. He quickly jotted down his phone number and handed it to Dan. "Text or call me later once you've made up your mind."

"Okay," Dan said. He slipped it into his pocket and stood, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. Phil rose too, and they exchanged an awkward smile before departing.

*fFRICK L E ITS LATE WE APPOLOGIZE WE'LL MAKE SURE CH 4 IS ON TIME

also there was originally a "Philadelphia cream cheese" in the place of "Phil" but ree had to edit it out cause they're an aesthetic lil shit*