.:CHAPTER ELEVEN:.

By the time Dan left the forest and returned to his house, his mother had returned home from work. Like always, she wasn't concerned by his absence. In fact, she'd be happier if he never came home.

He walked past her, doing his best to go unnoticed and avoid being yelled at. His foot hit a loose floorboard, however. His heart leapt into his throat as it creaked loudly. He paused apprehensively, taking a moment to see if she would notice or care. She didn't say anything, so he quickly made his way to the stairs and up to his room.

He let out a small breath of relief as he closed the door behind him. Most of the time, he would come home only to get yelled at, but today he was lucky.

"What the hell are you wearing?" his mom would normally say when she saw him. "You're a boy, for god's sake. I can't believe you actually show your face in public, wearing clothes like that."

She'd yell, she'd throw things sometimes. She'd call him a homo, sissy, other things he'd rather not think about. She'd insult him for being friends with Louise, she'd bully him for not being the son she wanted.

A tear ran down his face. Damnit, he thought to himself. I need to stop crying. Pull yourself together, Dan.

He took a deep breath to ground himself and wiped the tear away. He was ok. He would be ok.

danieldreamerx: hey louise

He sent the text. He was a little reluctant to talk to her about the whole incident, but he decided to get it over with.

sprinkleofglitter: hey

danieldreamerx: what was the whole thing with phil and the bet?

sprinkleofglitter: are you still upset about it?

danieldreamerx: i mean...

danieldreamerx: yeah.

sprinkleofglitter: im sorry about that

sprinkleofglitter: i just knew that you liked him and i wanted you to be happy

danieldreamerx: still.

sprinkleofglitter: i know

sprinkleofglitter: im sorry

danieldreamerx: just stop saying sorry so much

danieldreamerx: i just want some time to think about it

sprinkleofglitter: ok

danieldreamerx: thanks.