.:CHAPTER SIX:.

Phil shoved past the bigot and walked briskly through the restaurant and out the door. He held on tightly to Dan's hand as he pulled him along.
    "Sorry about that," Phil said once they reached the parking lot. He turned around and saw Dan. "Wait, are you crying?"
    Dan lifted his free hand and wiped his eyes with his sleeve as his shoulders shook and a single sob escaped his throat. Phil pulled him into a hug.
    Dan hugged him back, burying his face into Phil's shoulder. Phil rubbed his back comfortingly. "I'm sorry, Dan," he said. "That was a terrible first date, wasn't it?"
    Dan kept crying. "No, no, it's... it's fine," he said through his tears.
    "No it isn't," Phil said, pulling Dan away and holding his shoulders. "I messed up. I should have just ignored him, but I didn't, and I ruined our night. I just..." He pulled his hand through his fringe and looked away for a second. He looked back to Dan. He now had tears in his eyes, too. "I really fucked up, and I'm sorry."
    Dan smiled, though his eyes were still red. From that distance, Phil could see two little freckles on Dan's cheek that made his dimple look like a frowny face. He smiled back and found himself gently pulling Dan closer. Dans eyes, which from that close Phil noticed had the smallest flecks of gold in them, flicked down to Phil's lips, then back up to his eyes. Softly, slowly, they got closer and closer until Phil's lips touched Dans.
    Phil gently reached up, touching Dans soft brown hair. He pulled him tighter into the embrace. He could feel Dan's arms wrapped around his lower back, warm and comforting in the cold autumn air. Dan could feel the cold and taste the metal of Phil's snakebites, but he didn't mind. Three years of watching, waiting for something that it seemed would never happen. Three years of laying awake at night, hopelessly in love. Three years of dreaming and hoping despite the voice in his head that told him that it would never happen. And then, as Dan held Phil, feeling his kiss for the first time, he smiled, because it seemed that those three years that seemed long and torturous had been building up to that moment.

*double upload cause we forgot two weeks in a row oops

oH BOI there's only one more chapter before Conflict™ get ready*