e l e v e n

Katherine
"Hey Ethan!" I exclaimed as I walked past him in the mall. "Hey." He said as I ran up to him. "I haven't talked to you in forever!" I said hugging him. "Yeah I've been busy with schoolwork. I'm having to see my teacher every morning because I'm struggling in English and I'm still not getting it." He said embarrassed.

"Ill tutor you." I offered knowing I make A's in that subject and that I'm in the advanced class. "Thanks, that sounds better than my 80 year old teacher." He said rolling his eyes and laughing. "No problem. I'm good at English. As you know, I was moved into Blake's class." I said. "Yeah I was meaning to ask you how that was going. You and him...." he began.

"Oh yeah he claims to love me but he beats me at the same time. It makes no sense but he's super nice now." I said. "Oh do you like him?" He asked. "No I like Grayson." I said happily. "Oh is that why you two ditched school the other day?" He asked winking at me. "Shut up" I said punching his arm playfully. "I'm joking. But what time do you wanna meet up?" He asked. "Oh I'm free tomorrow, unless you want to do it another time." I said. "No tomorrow is good. Besides, the sooner we get started the more progress we'll make." He said shrugging. I smiled up and him and then I felt an arm pull me around and a pair of lips connect with mine.

I quickly pushed away and looked at him funny. I was about to say something until I realized it was Grayson. "Oh my gosh hey!" I said kissing him again followed by a hug. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Grayson. We're in a mall. What else would I do?" I asked. "You have a point. I'm just glad you're here." He said hugging me again.

"Hey are you guys are dating?" Ethan asked. I really didn't know if we were or not. I mean, he never officially asked me, so what do I say? "Oh yeah uh Katherine you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked smiling. My heart started to flutter and my face hurt from my smile. "YES" I screamed. I dropped all of my bags and jumped into us arms while wrapping my legs around his waist while he spun me around and we laughed.

*later*

I walk up to the door and gently knock. A few seconds after, I saw the door open with a shirtless Grayson behind it.  He smiled and hugged me tightly. I whimpered in disappointment when the hug was over. "What are you doing here?" He asked letting me inside. "Tutoring Ethan today." I said. "Oh okay, he's upstairs. I'll be down here if you need me and I'll see you later." He said kissing me quickly. I smiled and started walking up the stairs.

I looked around the long hall and tried to remember where everything was. I walked down and took a guess at one of the many doors. I knocked and nobody answered, so I tried another one. No answer. I was getting frustrated and kept trying to think which one was which.

"This is my room." I heard a voice sat down the hall. I look over to see Ethan standing in his doorway chuckling at my effort. "Oh thanks I was having a hard time." I said laughing at myself. "I saw." He said. I slowly walked over to his room as he closed the door behind me. "You can sit at the desk, and I'll pull up a chair." He said. I nodded and sat in the surprisingly comfy desk chair and put my backpack on the floor.

"Okay where do we start?" He asked as I pulled out my bright pink notebook. I flipped through the pages to the notes I needed. "Ready?"

"Oh I get it now." He said moving his pencil quickly. "Yeah now you would take this question and write an essay, using these standards. Just remember what I taught you." I said closing the notebook. "Oh my god thank you so much for this." He said bringing his hands to my face and pressing his lips against mine.

We both pulled away in shock. "Oh I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mea-" he began. "No, Ethan it's fine." I said packing my things while trying keep my hands steady. "W-We aren't gonna tell Grayson about this.... right?" He asked nervously. "No. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble." I said. "And plus, I wouldn't want him to know that I actually enjoyed it." I said.