s i x t e e n

Katherine
"Hey do you have any paper?" Ethan asked while he sat on the floor of my bedroom, shuffling through his bag. "Yeah hold on" I grabbed my bag and dug through to find my binder. I took out two pieces of paper and gave them to him.

"Thanks." He went straight to work. "Ethan do you really have to do your homework at my house?" I asked. He looked up with a smirk on his face. "It's English" he said. I rolled my eyes at the fact that he thinks I still care about that anymore.

I hate English. I hate school. I hate myself. I hate my life. But he doesn't know that.

"Ethan I don't really-"

"Come on, you're so good at it"

Was.

I shook my head no and he quietly went back to work. I played with my fingers while thoughts ran through my head.

It's been a year since I've last seen my mom. She never calls or visits me.

I still never got the things that my dad left me.

She had another baby.

Her husband hates me just as much as I hate him.

I only have one friend, well two.

Kaitlyn is my new friend and I have Ethan.

Blake hasn't talked to me in a long time, not that I'm sad about it.

Grayson has tried calling me, but I always decline it.

I just can't stop thinking about-

"Katherine?" I snap out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?" I nod. He puts everything back in his bag and he puts it in the corner of the room.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah." I said. He walked over to my bed and sat criss cross in front of me.

"What happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"When you left"

"Grayson never told you?"

"No because every time I asked him about it, he always just made me go away"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes"

"Grayson played me"

"How"

"He made a deal. With Blake. It was that he got a lot of money for every time Blake kissed, touched, and raped me. He was making a profit off of me."

"Oh my god"

"Yeah and since then, I dropped out of school completely. I lied when I said I was taking it online. Every day I sit in my room and cry. That's all I want to do.

A lifetime of not being cared about finally paid off when I thought someone finally cared.

But I was let down just like all of the other times.

Ethan, I smoke. I cut. I drink. I party almost every night because that's all I know how to do.

I'm worthless.

And I was so stupid to think that anyone like Grayson could actually like me."

"Katherine that's not true"

"Really? Because last time I checked, everyone hates me. HATES. Every single day I wake up with comments on my pictures telling me to kill myself.

Nobody cares about me. And I swear to god if you tell me that you care then I'll pop you dead in your mouth because if you cared, you would have noticed all of this sooner." I screamed as tears ran down my face.

His lips separated like he was going to speak, but he shook his head instead.

"You know my own mom told me that she wished I was never here?" He shook his head.

We both went into silence while my sniffles filled the half empty room around me.

"Ethan I appreciate everything you and Grayson did for me. I was broke and you both helped me get back on my feet. I really felt loved. But sometimes people just aren't made to be here. And I'm one of those people."

"No Katherine stop saying that."

"You know it's true."

Instead of speaking,  he shook his head once again and grabbed his bag. He threw it over his shoulder while he left my apartment in silence.

I hit my head on the door for being so stupid and I pushed my back against the wall and slid down to the floor.

I covered my face with my hands as I sobbed my way to sleep on the floor.