Chapter 5

Chapter 6

"Are you hinting that I'm not strong enough to keep myself together?" I snarled challengingly.

Blaise tapped his fingers on the desk rhythmically. The thump, thump sound lasted for a few seconds before he slowly formed his words, "I know you are brave but we can't afford a single mistake. I'm worried Aaria, because I don't know what happened to you a few years back." Blaise never sounded so torn before. His brows were knitted tightly together as his inner conflict grew. He really wanted me to join them, but at the same time, his training as a leader weighed down on him.

"Blaise, I wouldn't dare to insist on going if I knew I would be in the way. I wouldn't put my members in danger," I insisted. I knew my boundaries and the past few years told me that I would be able to face him again. He probably had children by now and they were probably happily enjoying their married life. He was out of my life. All I had was just an illusion of what we could had been. I was too young and naive back then to allow myself to fall into such a childish imagination. So what if he was my mate, we never had a fling or even a hint of affection, so why would I feel conflicted if I joined my members.

After a long pause, Blaise finally sighed and agreed to my proposal. However, he had a couple of conditions that I had to follow. As long as he didn't ask me to do things that goes against my morals, I would agree for the sake of our group. They needed someone who knew the ups and downs to the pack in order to succeed and I was the only one who had that experience.

"I want you to at least tell me the name of person you are trying to avoid all these years. Also, during our missions, I going to appoint Scarlett as the co-second commander with you. If you don't agree with these terms, you are not going."

Without a single hesitation, I pronounced a now unfamiliar name. . . Lucas. It was the first time in three years, I had spoke about him and it felt so strange and distant. His name used to be a source a warmth to me. Perhaps it was because I had finally gotten numb from the sensations, that name did not bring the fervor nor the grief like before.

"Come on you are going to be late." Blaise's mellow voice penetrated through my thoughts. It took me a second before I fully comprehended what he was saying.

"Where?" I tilted my head a little, trying to grasp what he was trying to get at.

"Where?! Wow, my second-in-command is trying to bail out on me after trying so hard to get into this mission." It was obvious that I had a deer in the headlights look as I reviewed my schedule in my head.

Blaise's rich laughter filled the room, "Come on little deer, you can't play hooky on our first meeting for this mission." My eyes widened as I registered his words and the tip of my lips started to curl upward.

I snapped out of my daze and yelled, "Hey, I'm not a deer! I'm a full fledge wolf!"

Laughing even more, Blaise started to head out the room and retorted, "Well Miss. Wolf, I certainly thought you were a deer for a second with that look of yours."

I rolled my eyes but urgently trailed behind Blaise like a lost puppy. I didn't care how desperate I may seem right now, all I knew was that I had a chance to truly began a new chapter in my life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Wow, the last time I updated this book was around 2 years ago @.@ Time has really flew by. Really, I have no idea when I will update again, but maybe I will start writing again. It all depends on my schedule and how much inspiration I get. I really hope that you all enjoy this chapter (even though it has been a long time). As usual please comment, vote and follow. I would love to hear some feedback from you all! Until next time! 

-Crazywhiteangel