Chapter 1

Chapter 1

-Three Years Later-

"Aaria, any status updates?" Blaise asked me through our pack link. This was the third time he had asked me in the past hour. Unfortunately, we haven't encountered our target yet. However, he had a tendency to check up on us every once in a while.

Although Blaise's constant check-ins may get overwhelming sometimes, I couldn't complain. Thanks to Blaise's strong sense of duty for our well-being, we were one of the longest-standing undercover werewolf groups.

Blaise was one of the leaders in the TSI cooperation, which stood for Top Secret Investigators. Within the cooperation, there were twenty-five other groups. However, we never really interacted with each other.

At age twenty-five, Blaise was also one of the youngest leaders. He joined a year before me and climbed ranks at an alarming rate. Within a single year, he was promoted as the second commander of the group. The rest was history. Most people were wary about him being a leader at such a young age, but he smashed any doubt after our first job.

Since this was a group organized by the werewolf government, we faced a lot of scrutiny from officials. Thankfully, we generally received some respect from the Elite Werewolf government. The werewolf society wouldn't be functional without us agents.

However, we looked like an average pack for those not officials in the Elite Werewolf government. Our organization was top secret hence the name. We specialize in lurking in the darkness and attacking when our enemies least expect it. Therefore, if our identities were found out, it meant death. We knew too many dark secrets of the werewolf government to be discharged from our positions.

Blaise made sure we all wore black half-masks to hide our identity during missions to ensure our safety.

"Nope, no movement," I replied while attentively scanning the area with my eyes. I was on a rooftop lying on my belly. The height of the six-floor building gave me a perfect vision of the storage that we were trying to raid. I also made sure crew members were in their proper positions. We had fifty members surrounding the area. Each person had their own guns filled with anesthetic darts. Even though our targets wouldn't get through our traps, we were on high alert. After all, we were fighting against werewolves. We couldn't afford any mishaps.

I had been in TSI for three years. There were times when we were surrounded by explosives and other guns pointing at our heads. This was normal; it was even written in our contract. We lived to protect and nothing more or less. These experiences shaped us into who we were today. Each dangerous mission we went through strengthened our crew's relationship. I would argue that our members' bonds were stronger than regular packs' bonds because we watched each other's backs during life and death situations.

"Make sure to report any suspicious behavior." Blaise's deep, gruff voice echoed in my head.

To somewhat lighten the mood, I teased, "I finally understand why girls stay away from you." That wasn't entirely true since Blaise had quite a few admirers. His dark, almost black, colored hair captured many people's attention. It wasn't the usual dull black. Even though my bronze-colored hair was one of the few things I loved about myself, I envied him. He had the type where it turned mahogany whenever he was under the sun.

On top of that, he had a pair of killer jade blue eyes that could persuade anyone to do anything for him. However, most girls kept their distance. There was something about him that left people standing behind watching. Possibly it was his leader's aura that kept people away.

"Cut him some slack, Aaria. You know he's married to his work." Scarlett, another agent from our team, answered. She was our resourcer. Scar could find out about the suspect's past records, their age, shoe size, where they lived, what they ate this morning, and whatever you could think of within two minutes.

"We're not talking about my love life right now. Concentrate, and this is an order." He stated. Sensing his seriousness, we stopped commenting and turned our full attention to the scene in front of us. No one disregards his orders. He was the boss, and nobody rebelled against him unless they wanted to clean our 900-acre packhouse. Worse, he could command them to run around it for hours with nothing but a tiny water bottle. That happened once when our old leader was in charge. That brave soul dared to disregard orders and was severely punished.

"Alert! Alpha Westred just arrived. Look Northeast!" Our newest member, Leo, informed us. Any humor I had left in me flew out the window. It was showtime.

We were informed yesterday that Westred had illegally used his Pack's fund. As a result, their money decreased by millions, and the higher-ups were suspicious. Scar had found out that he had been transferring money to an organization for illegal weapons. Plus, he was also doing some kind of drug research. Their computer's security system was so well-protected that it took Scarlett ten minutes to access their primary information. However, her hard work paid off. We had enough proof to arrest them.

"Group one, get ready to attack. Aaria, you're on standby." Blaise blurted out commands. His voice didn't waver at all; it was full of confidence and assured everyone that they were in good hands. "Aaria, do you see the white package?" Blaise asked.

I searched around and finally spotted what he was talking about, "Yes, I do."

"Your mission is to get that. We'll clear the way for you, don't change into wolf form. It's easier for you to stay human."

"Roger." My hand was on my holster, and then hell broke loose. 

A/N 

-edited by hemmo1996-

Please tell me what you guys think about this chapter. Please give me some input and point out any mistakes. As aways if you liked this chapter please comment, vote or fan! I love to hear from you guys!