TO FIND A LOTUS FLOWER {Revised AGAIN}

John and Victoria stood just outside of Van Coon's apartment, waiting for the detective to let them in. The two had been standing at the door, calling for Sherlock to answer the door, but with no response they started to get impatient and worried.

"Yeah, any time you feel like letting us in." John called.

 "Sherlock, are you alright?" Victoria asked, knocking on the door.

Moments later Sherlock opened the door for his friends with a rather solemn look on his face. He guided them to a bedroom and Victoria gasped, looking away from the dead body of the man they had been looking for. Sherlock rested a hand on her shoulder and she reached for it, squeezing his hand briefly.

~~~~~

Later the police finally came in and  the trio watched closely as the investigators searched the scene and took photos. Sherlock took off his coat and rested it over Victoria's shoulders, making her smile faintly. Sherlock put on some gloves, starting his own investigating.

 "D'you think he'd lost a lot of money? I mean, suicide is pretty common among city boys." John said.

"We don't know that it was suicide." Sherlock replied.

John tried to debate "Come on. The door was locked from the inside; you had to climb down the balcony."

Sherlock squatted down by the suitcase laying on the floor near the bed and looked through the contents.

"Been away three days, judging by the laundry." he deduced. He looked to me and John, "Look at the case. There was something tightly packed inside it."

John shook his head, "I'll take your word for it.". 

Victoria looked to the body on the bed, swallowing loudly. She was a liitle unnerved by the sight, but she seemed to brush the feeling away eventually. Her hand gripped the coat, pulling tightly around herself. The red head looked to the window again, recalling just how high the bank's building was. Perhaps the killer did make a climb.

"Problem?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah, I'm not desperate to root around some bloke's dirty underwear." He told him.

 Sherlock began to walk to the foot of the bed , "Those symbols at the bank- the graffiti. Why were they put there?"

 "What, some sort of code?" John guessed.

Victoria looked away from the window, walking over to John, standing at his side, "Exactly, a code or some sort of message for him, yeah?"

Sherlock smiled rather proudly at the two, "What kind of a message would everyone try to avoid?" 

John gave the consulting detective a confused look, shrugging his shoulder.

Victoria looked at John, then to Sherlock bashfully,"A warning or threat."

Sherlock gently pried Van Coon's mouth open and pulled out a small black origami flower from the inside. 

"So a threat, yeah?" Victoria asked, grimacing at the scene before her and Sherlock nodded.

A young man came into the room and Sherlock gave the evidence bag to him, "I've phoned Lestrade. Is he on his way, Sergeant?"

"He's busy. I'm in charge. And it's not Sergeant; it's Detective Inspector Dimmock."

Sherlock gave the snarky man a look of surprise.  He then turned to John, sharing a look of confusion. Dimmock walked out and the three followed behind him into the living room.

"We're obviously looking at a suicide." Dimmock said.

"That does seem to be the only explanation of all the facts." John replied.

Sherlock took off his gloves and turned back to us,"Wrong. It's one possible explanation of some of the facts.