Home

"Master," Castiel said as the limo drove through the gates that led to Dean's home, "may I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Cas," Dean replied, "you can ask me anything." He was holding Castiel's leash with both hands, not touching him. There was at least a foot of space between them; Dean had moved away from him after he had finished kissing Castiel.

"How far are we from Raphael's?"

"Around 300 miles," Dean responded. "It's about five hours away."

Castiel relaxed in his seat and stared at the floor. He would never say it out loud, but he hated that place. He hated the cages, the other slaves, his trainer, his doctor, the caretakers, and especially Raphael. Castiel hated him the most. The only good thing about that awful place was Benny.

Benny had always been nice to Castiel. He never yelled at him or hit him like Raphael and his trainer did, and he had always given Castiel his food on time.

I miss Benny, Castiel thought, maybe Master will let him come over for lunch or di-

Castiel's thoughts were interrupted by the limo door opening. He didn't even notice it had stopped moving.

"Go on, Cas," Dean said when Castiel didn't get out, "it's okay."

Castiel bit his lip and stepped out of the limo. The driveway felt warm and smooth under his bare feet. The sun had just started to go down, and he could still see the surrounding area. The first thing he noticed was the grass. It was bright green and there was miles and miles of it. It had been a long time since Castiel had seen grass.

There was a pleasant smell in the air, and Castiel shut his eyes and sniffed. It smelled like fresh air, and there was a faint sound of bee buzzing, and Castiel was vaguely reminded if what he did for a living before he became a slave.

He sighed sadly and opened his eyes, turning to look at the building he had seen in the corner of his eye. He knew right away that it was a garage, and it was the biggest one he had ever seen. It had multiple floors, like the parking garages at malls, and there were several cars inside .

"They aren't mine," Dean said, making Castiel jump a little, "most belong to my staff, and a few belong to my friends and family. I own only two cars."

If I owned this, Castiel  thought, every car in there would be mine.

"We have to go now, Cas," his Master said, lightly tugging on the leash. "Your new home is only a few yards away."

Castiel smiled as he started walking with his Master. He really liked the word "home".

The carpet beneath Castiel's feet was soft and bright blue. He wiggled his toes as his Master unclipped his leash. They had just walked into Dean's mansion, Castiel having kept his head down the entire walk there, and they were standing in a long, spacious hallway.

"Master," Castiel said, keeping his eyes on his feet, "how, many rooms do you have?"

"I've never counted them," he responded, "but I know there are a lot of them."

"Where will I sleep?"

"Cas," his Master sounded slightly annoyed, "you can look at me." Castiel lifted his head up and looked into his Master's beautiful eyes. "Much better." Dean gave him a smile. "Follow me." He turned and started walking down the hallway, and Castiel was at his heels right away.