Chapter 9

Hello potatoes! How are my favorite people in the world!

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that this book has reached its end at 9 chapters!

But fear not your pretty little heads! As for this is a SERIES after all.

Sydney and Lily's adventure is far from over! So please enjoy the last two chapters of the first series of The Lost Island.

Now some people may feel mixed emotions about why am I finishing this book so early when it has just started to pick up publicity. Well my lovely readers.

Life.

Life as we know it has thrown the curve of last year of school with responsibilities and studies and all that other fun stuff.

But that does not make me give up that easy!

No.

I have decided that I might  finish my other brook Loving my Stepbrother and even start a NEW book on teen pregnancy.

Knocked Up By The Billionaire. 

So please go and support my other books and the second book on this one will come even quicker!

Lily watched in shock and horror as the small boat came speeding towards the island. There was a group of six men on it as they pushed the boat onto shore.

She watched as the six men exchanged words with Sydney who had a new sparkle in his eyes. Her heart clenching at the thought of leaving the island so soon when everything was going so great.

For some other reason she had became more and more protective about her stomach and often found herself caressing the small bump that had formed. Wondering what was inside her that had her emotions all over the place. And for her to love it so much already.

"Lily!" She heard Sydney's voice call and she looked up from where she was standing as he led the group to her. She felt cautious as she was introduced to the group. Her instincts telling her to tell Sydney that she did not like this at all. And that she would rather stay here with him then go back to where he came from.

"Lets go back to the hut I have some things to discuss with the guys" Sydney told her as he took her small hand in his large rough ones.

The walk back the men talked about what happened the night Sydney got shot and how she had saved him and how they had survived on the island. Lily didn't talk as she walked in a motionless trance to the hut she had called home for over 19 years now. Her and Sydney's hut now for the last year.

She felt like crying but stayed strong as Sydney asked her to go do something. Getting an uneasy feeling she went and hid out of sight but not out of hearing range.

"There is a cave here. A cave that holds the biggest diamonds I had ever seen! I had been planning since she showed me that cave. This island is not easily found and my not so legal business has been targeted by the law. I want to build storage building here for it. We can build some houses and bring in some food for workers who will be staying here." Sydney said and Lily found her world crashing down. A tear pricked her eye as she listened further.

Her heart breaking as Sydney explained how he wanted to exploit the island and take everything he found worthy. This was not the man she had came to love over the last year. He was not the man she had made love to so many times.

She ran towards the cave a d started stacking it with rocks so that the entrance was blocked. The cats would use their other tunnel they had found to get to the safe place as Lily quickly hid it. Fines where placed naturally over the rocks and it looked like there was no cave opening at all. Sydney would be furious with her but she had to stop him from taking what was rightfully the islands.

🦀🐚

"It was right here!" Sydney yelled out in frustration as he walked back up to where he swore the opening to the cave was. He and the six men had tried everywhere but there was still no luck! He screamed in anger as he tried to remember the path once again.

He looked around on the forest floor and came upon a bunch of footprints. It led to down the path and into the forest then would come back and walked up and down the rocky cave.

Lily

He called out to her as he stormed towards the hut. He told his brother to stay there and wait for their return.

"Lily!" He yelled as he saw her sitting on the bamboo leaves looking at the ocean. He was so furious as he knew she had something to do with it.

"Where is the fucken cave opening!?" He yelled at her and something flashed in her eyes. It was something he had never seen before and guilt started forming. Maybe she had nothing to do with this. She looked at him with fear as she quickly stood up and backed away from him.

"W-what are you talking about?" Any guilt he felt was gone as she stuttered. She was hiding something.

"Where. Is. The. Cave" he asked through gritted teeth. Stepping towards her threateningly.

"I wont tell you!" She screamed at him panicked as she looked for a escape route. She tried to make a run for it but Sydney had caught her before she could go anywhere.

His arms tightening around her making her kick and scream out in fear of being crushed.

"Why not!? What did you do!" He yelled at her as she still tried to escape him.

"You want to take everything the island has to offer for your own benefit! You just want money and you will destroy nature to get it! You are a monster!" She screamed at him.

His short temper got the better of him as he threw her to the ground. As she scrambled to her feet he delivered something that would shatter them both. He wasn't thinking at the moment and acted on impulse as his hand went flying towards a frightened Lily.

Her head whipped to the other side as she fell back down to the ground with a painful cry. Her eyes filling with tears as she clutched her burning cheek. Breathing heavily as she looked up at Sydney in disbelief.

He told her he would never hurt her yet here he was. Standing over her breathing heavily as he glared down at her. His angry face soon morphing into one of shock as he took a step back from her.

Never in his life had he ever lifted his hand towards a woman.

Here he was hitting the only girl he ever loved more then his late mother.

"Lily..."

He couldn't finish his sentence because she took of running.

With a painful heart he went back to the group of men who was patiently waiting for him. Deciding that leaving would be the only option right now. He would return later to build his storage building and maybe try making things right with Lily.

There was no doubt that she had heard his plans and covered up the cave. And knowing that she hated him now broke him.

🦀🐚

Lily had cried her heart out as she watched Sydney leave. She didn't want him to leave her here alone again. Her heart breaking into a million pieces as she fell to the ground. Screaming at the pain she felt.

Sydney had done two things he told her he would never do to her.

He hurt her...badly.

And he left her.

Alright I cant not let you guys know what happened in between for when Sydney will return to the island so I have decided to put up a bonus chapter! Yay me!