Chapter 3

Hey peeps! I can't even begin to understand how I've been churning out all these chapters at such a quick rate, but I suppose it's because they're shorter. :P

Anyways, this one's dedicated to Asuna11307 for voting on my chapters!!! <3 Thanks, Asuna! ^^

So, please read, vote, and comment cuz I'm a tired person. X_X thanks, fam!

*****IMPORTANT - Apparently, Wattpad's being evil and not allowing me to see/reply to certain comments... idk why... i cri... ;-; BUT I'M NOT IGNORING YOU GUYS!!! JUST WATTPAD'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO RESPONDDDDD*****

~Zel

~~~

I now have exactly one thousand followers and over five thousand likes on one of my drawings! I don't mean to sound shallow, but it's a rather exciting milestone for me - at least in my opinion. Squealing and covering my mouth, I begin to type up an excited thank you message to all my followers.

After that's all done and sent, I begin working on my next Zaye drawing - the one inspired by Rooty with the cotton candy. It's starts simply with just Zinc, Faye, and the cotton candy before morphing into this more complex carnival alternate universe scene.

Completely zoning in on my current project, I pay attention to every painstaking detail. The front door downstairs opens and slams as either one or both of my parents enter the house, but I block out the noise they make, trying to focus completely on finishing this drawing and posting it.

The hours tick by, and after the third hour, I'm done with my drawing - I'm finally able to post it, thankfully. It's been posted for a mere five minutes before I'm bombarded with notifications. I'm shocked at the stats once more - twenty likes within the first five minutes of being posted. Typically, I get from around one to five likes within the first five minutes. This is crazy.

I guess I'm hopping on the success train, and hopefully, I never get off. I respond to as many comments and PMs as I can before finally removing my violin from its case carefully. Taking a look at my sheet music and noting its difficulty level, I know that I might be practicing for a few hours before I can finally get to my homework and then sleep.

My fingers run up and down the fingerboard of my violin, blazing through the sheet music without much difficulty. In all honesty, I'd been slightly lying to Hyli when I said that I wasn't much good at violin – I'm first chair, but I honestly don't really pay much attention to that. It's not something that's especially important to me.

On the other hand, my art is something that's very important to me. I love creating art and putting it out there for the world to see. I find it crazy that I'm able to share my work in that way, and I'm so grateful for it. I don't feel as alone in this big crazy world when I'm online.

It's getting darker outside, but I continue to practice my violin. I'll just rush my homework when I get to that point because I have to nail these pieces. It's not super late yet, though, so hopefully things will be alright.

Keeping an eye on the clock, I continue to practice, and neither of my parents enter while I'm doing so. I'd love to say that they're the best parents in the world and care about me more than their jobs and social statuses, but I can't... They're both wrapped up in their own little worlds, not really caring about me – and honestly, that doesn't actually bother me much anymore.

It gives me more time to just do my own thing without any parental interference.

I find myself completely lost in the music as I play my violin, and I don't really think about anything other than what's happening right now. I find myself to be more relaxed when I finish learning my pieces, and then I can finally start my homework.

It's now 7 o'clock, and I try to focus on my homework, but it's so hard! I can't concentrate on my schoolwork when there are so many drawing ideas floating around in my mind. Yet somehow, I'm able to plow through the work, finishing at around 10PM. Today was odd – I didn't have as much homework to do, for which I was grateful.

As soon as the last word of my history essay is typed, I immediately click on Hyli's latest response:

"ME TOO – FRIDAY'S HAVE TO BE ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF THE WEEEEEK. Ugh, I don't understand why you're such a hermit, lol. We need to get you rolling around in the dirt or something. XDDD Aha, an orch geek? I didn't know that there was such a thing. X_X Lol, I'm no artist – don't even call me that, lol. Oh, and I love that new Zaye drawing you posted – the one with the cotton candy? Lol, and Rooty's going nuts about how you tagged him. XDDD Aha, well, I bet your violin-playing is way better than mine if you're in orchestra. XDDDD STOP, FAYE, LOL. >_< And ahaha, SAME THO!"

I begin typing my answer quickly so I can shower and get to bed:

"And it's tomorrow!!!!! :DDDD Ahaha, being a hermit is just what I do. XD I get to draw in peace, lol. ... You roll around in the dirt? ... XD Lol, yup – I'm an orch geek. ;) Haha, you're gonna have to learn to draw one day. XP And thank you!!! Rooty pretty much inspired the piece, lol, with a story about his work – and you're friends with Rooty too? XDDDD Lol, well, you don't play violin so my playing would obviously be better than yours – Just like how you're a better guitarist than me. :P And lol, NOOOO, HYLI! You're better. XD"

Taking one last peek at the comment section of my latest drawing, I see that Rooty's completely hijacked it with his excited comments about how happy he is to be tagged and mentioned in one of my drawings. I give a quick laugh before responding to some more comments and logging off.

The other PMs can wait until the morning when I'm actually awake and functioning. It's now 11 o'clock, and I want to go to bed, but first I grab a quick shower. Once I'm out of the shower, I put on my PJs and fluffy socks before turning off the light and crawling into bed. My phone's now on do not disturb, and I place it on my night table on top of my closed laptop.

Eyeing the clock, I see that it's now 11:30 – I'm right on schedule. Closing my eyes and yawning sleepily, I end the night thinking about whether or not Faye and Zinc will get together in Hylian Fighters: Rogue.

~~~

Total Word Count:

1,058