Chapter 7

So... This is the last chapter before the epilogue. XD Dang... >_<

This chapter's dedicated to Jtblake (mostly because he's awesome and has been following my work for a while now, and also because I STILL haven't given him a dedication).

Lol, please read/vote/comment/enjoy cuz I'm a tired personnn xD

~Zel

~~~

When I see Link the next school day, he greets me immediately with a bright smile, and I can't help but return it. He walks with me to some of my classes, and when we're in history, I doodle into his notebook while he scribbles random words into mine.

Occasionally, I flick him on the ear, and he'll retaliate by kicking my chair with a roll of his eyes. I'm forced to hold back a laugh a few times; we're both having fun being ridiculous together.

It's crazy to think that we were online friends, really knowing each other in real life all along. It's pretty cool, and I tell myself that I need to tell my friend, Hilda, about Link... Somehow, I figure she might be slightly interested in knowing that my new friend is a boy.

She's currently in a relationship with this guy named Ravio - I don't know him very well, but he's not too bad, and I think they both make a pretty cute couple.

So, during lunch, I tell Hilda everything about Link - how we met, how we know all this crazy stuff about each other, how I feel about him, and how well we get along now.

Predictably, Hilda is excited and flicks a piece of dyed purple hair away from her face quickly, "That's so awesome, Zel! You're finally making some guy friends! This is great! I better be the maid of honor at your wedding," she adds with a wink.

A scarlet blush spreads across my cheeks, and I make a futile attempt to try to hide my embarrassment. "Hilda... I don't know anything right now. You don't even understand how awkward I feel when I'm around him sometimes."

She grins, "I know, Zel. You'll get used to interacting, I'll bet. It's not that difficult."

I groan, "Yeah, it is!"

"No, it's not - Just... be friendly," Hilda encourages. "You'll be fine."

I try to take what Hilda says into stride, and it works... slightly. Link and I get along well, and he's a nice guy.

So... The next day, when he pulls two tickets out of his pocket and hands them to me proudly, I'm excited and tell him that I am. It's obvious that he feels the same way. Of course we'd be excited - They're two tickets to see the next Hylian Fighters movie.

I let out an excited squeal before wrapping my arms around his waist quickly in a hug. "Oh my gosh, Link! I can't believe you did this!"

He grins back at me, "So you'll go see it with me?"

It's a no-brainer for me - "Of course I will!"

He walks me home again that day, and I clutch my ticket like it's my lifeline. It's then tucked away under my pillow to make sure I don't lose it before the showing. This day wasn't so bad... As soon as I open up my online account, I'm bombarded with PMs and notifications.

I can't help it - I tell both Jellie and Rooty what happened with me and Link and how we know each other in real life. They're both thoroughly shocked but just as excited as me. Now I won't have to watch Rogue by myself - I'll watch it with Link, and we can gush over it together. Well, he claims he doesn't gush, but I know he does - secretly, at least. He probably can't help it. I know I can't help it - Zaye is just too freaking cute!

The days pass by quickly, and soon, I find myself in the movie theater with Link, sitting toward the middle of the packed space. I lean back in my seat while sneaking a few handfuls of popcorn during the previews; every time I do so, Link passes me a playful glare. "Zel, if you eat it all during the previews, there'll be nothing left for when the actual movie starts," he whispers into my ear, trying to keep the bucket out of my reach.

I roll my eyes before stealing another handful, popping a few pieces into my mouth, "I can't help it, Link!"

"Self control, Zelda!" he slaps my hands away from the bucket teasingly while keeping his eyes trained on the huge screen.

Then the movie begins, and a hush falls over the entire theater. Even that one annoying kid near the front stops crying, completely enraptured by the movie and the action.

... The movie's amazing.

... And Zaye is now canon.

... It's freaking official!

I swear, I squealed the moment that they kissed - so did a bunch of other people in the theater. Link just wore the biggest grin in the whole wide world when that moment happened.

Once the movie is over, Link walks me home from the theater, and we talk together non-stop before we reach my home and he smiles that heart-melting smile of his. ... Wait until Hilda hears about this...

It's slightly awkward as our conversation ends abruptly, and I turn to head up the steps to reach my door before he calls my name.

"Hey, Zel - I had a great time today - Let me know if you want to do it again sometime."

I grin back at him, "Text me, Hyli."

He responds with a laugh, "Bet on it, Faye." 

~~~

Total Word Count: 

882