Escaping Your Life

Ik Jacob is 14 but in this "book" fanfic I am going to have him be 16. In the beginning you live with your mom who is abusive and your dad passed away 5 years ago from a car accident. You live in Chicago, Illinois.

Y/N P.O.V
Dear Diary: How do I escape this madness? Moms drunk downstairs and I don't know how to leave, how can I leave. All I know is I wish I could live somewhere far away from here. My friends ask why don't I call the cops? Well then I'll be put in the foster system and that ain't happening cause my cousin was in that and she went through hell. I mean I have bags packed in my car and I have tons of money saved up I'm just afraid that I won't be able escape this hell hole. She is the worst, why do I have to in this family. Mom never beat me like this when dad was around but ever since he was in that car accident she couldn't deal with herself and all she does is realize whatever anger she has inside her on me. Most days I miss school. So now this tutor comes and home schools me. The good thing is on YouTube and Musical.ly there is this guy that always makes me happy. I think his name is Jacob Sartorious.

"Y/N GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!" mom yells.

"Okay mom," I say nervous, you never know what to expect when she yells for you.

I walk downstairs to mom in the kitchen holding a knife. She looks at me and tells me to come closer. I slowly inch my way to her, and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach growing bigger. The knife is put back in the drawer and she looks at me.

"Do you know what today is?" she asks.

I think before I speak because whatever I say could trigger anything, "it's the second Tuesday of the month mom."

"Ik that, don't be smartass with me young lady. The water bill was due today and we don't have the money to pay for it," she looks as me as if it was my fault.

She starts to walk closer to me and her hand meets me cheek. Mom then goes to her room and locks the door behind her. I then run up stairs and quickly open up my laptop. I order a oneway ticket to the first place I see that's in my price range. I don't care where it is as long as it's away from this bitch. I know she's my mom but seriously why would you beat up your own daughter. She used to beat me up before dad died but it was never this bad. I start to throw things in a bag I found in the bottom of closet. There's not much to pack since I've already got things in my car. The only things that I'll have to buy is a bed hopefully and dresser but that's okay. Dad gave me all of his money and I've been saving up money too. Before you finish up packing... *Your door opens, it's mom*

"Mom! What are you doing in here? I thought you were gonna go take a nap, while I go to the park and maybe go to the store to pick up a few things, okay?"

*No answer* She leaves the room and continues to go back downstairs. I quickly go shut the door just in case. Am I really gonna do this? I slowly open up my window and pop out my screen. I throw down my bag that had my clothes in it but not the bag that had all of my chargers and laptop and diary in it. While I am trying to squeeze my body through my window I jump onto a big tree branch. It was big enough that it sway if I landed on it. I quickly jump from the branch and grab my bags. Hoping mom is still in her room, I sneakily go past the living room windows. When all of sudden I see her....

Okay leave comments if you want! This is my first fanfic so I would love if you guys could give my some hints. I tried to make it long and I'll try to update often too!
XOXO