Six

Jenner brings us down to zone five and explains that what he is about to show is something not many people will ever or ever got to see. I zone everyone out as a video shows up on the screen. I only listen to Jenner and the screen. This could be important. I pay close attention so I can try to understand everything that is going on. It is kind of Interesting. The last seconds of the human brain.
   Then I guess you could say the dead rebirth of it.
   I jump once a bullet flies through the brain. I jump back and run into Daryl and give a small wave.
"Did you understand any of that?" He asks.
"Ehhh kind of," I say. Dale asks a question then Jenner answers to quickly but quickly clams up. He's hiding something. No one just clams up like that when they are supposedly being truthful.
   I slowly walk up to the rec room and take some books, by some I mean like nine, then go into to the room. I put some in my backpack for later then put the rest in Judy's bag. I sit next to Carl and Lori on a couch as I continue to read the book from last night. In the middle of us sitting down I feel the air conditioning stop working.
   Lori stands up and puts her hand next to the air duct but says she feels no air. I hear yelling and footsteps.
   We all follow Jenner as he walks towards zone five. I can't hear much so I try to catch up. Once in zone five I stay close to Lori and Carl . Rick tells us to grab our things and that we are leaving. As we turn around and get ready to run out Jenner closes the doors and lock us in. I bang against the door.
"UNLOCK IT BEFORE I-I UH DO SOMETHING," I scream at Jenner.
"Kathrine. Carl," Lori yells.
"Mom," Carl yells.
" Lori," I yell as we run up to her. She pulls us both close and into a big embrace. We all listen to what Jenner actually has to say. Jenner yells about what's going to happen now that there is no fuel left.
   Then he asks Vi what is going to happen and she pretty much says the CDC is going to blow up. Carol, Sophia, Carl , Lori, and I sit against the generator. No. This is not how I am going to HIW in this world.
"NO. THIS IS NOT HOW I AM GOING TO DIE IN THIS WORLD.I HAVE SURVIVED THIS LONG AND LOST PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY. LET ME OUT YOU HALFWAY BALD PSYCHOTIC WANT TO BE SCIENTIST. JUST BECAUSE YOU WONT BE ABLE TI HANDLE THE WORLD WHEN THIS PLACE RUNS OUT OF FUEL DOESN'T MEAN WE CANT OK? I HAVE COME SO FAR AND THIS IS NOT HOW MY LIFE WILL END," I yell at Jenner. I feel a lump for in my throat before Jenner can respond Daryl tries to put an axe into Jenner's head and I don't blame him. I would love to put and axe into Jenner's head. I silently root him on honestly.
   Then Shane threatens to blow Jenner's head off and I don't blame him either. Why can't we take both Shane and Daryl's ideas??
   Carl and I stay close behind the generator. I cover my ears in hopes I don't hear anything I don't want to. I mean as much as I would love this man to have a painful death but I would probably freak out or go insane if I heard it.
   I take my hand off my ears as Lori pulls Carl and I into a hug. As if it's our goodbye. But it can't be. It isn't.
The doors open and we all run out. As I'm running out I see Jacqui stop running. No. No. I get dragged out of zone five before I can say anything though.
I run into my room and grab my bag. I start to run around due to the fact I can't find Judy's bag. I start to freak out and start looking for it . Daryl sees me freaking out and runs up to me and grabs me.
"Come in little kitty Kat we have to go," Daryl says picking me up.
"NO I CANT LEAVE WITHOUT IT," I yell as I pound on his back. I hear people screaming for Daryl and I which distracts Daryl enough so I can break free. I finally find the bag under Carls bed as Daryl comes in and throws me over his shoulder. He runs with me all the way out of the broken glass. He puts me down and we sprint . Lori pulls me into the R.v and tells Carl and I to get down and cover our ears. Two little seconds later I feel the ground below me shake. Carl and I are sitting next to Lori once we all get up. We start to drive down the road. If I was just a second or two late Daryl and I would be dead. All because of me.