02 | Interview

Hey guys! It's noticeablesenpai with your favourite magazine, the YOI Magazine. Today I will share with you a very special interview I had with one of my personal favourite Yuri!!! On Ice fanfiction authors! It's the one and only makka_chin_ the very well-known writer of yuri on ice: one shots. With 31.9K reads, 862 votes, and 20 chapters, it is by far a popular read among Yuri!!! On Ice fans. Here are some tips and thoughts she has shared with us!

------

1st Question: What is your writing process like? And what would you recommend other writers to do?

Answer: Ahaa, I don't really know my writing process. I think I just write whatever way I want to write, no limits. What I'd recommend other writers to do? Hmm, maybe I'd recommend them to believe in themselves and have faith in what they write. Seems like most writers doubt their writing skills too much and they get discouraged easily. Have a little more faith and believe in yourselves; I think that's the best thing you authors can do for the readers.

2nd Question: How long on average does it take you to write a book? Any writer's block?

Answer: Usually, I take a week or so to write a chapter - depends if I am on a roll. But if it's my one-shot book we're talking about, I write almost every day. I always get inspiration everywhere, and from everything I do.

3rd Question: If you didn't write, what would you be doing?

Answer: I'm either drawing something or creating little poems. I devote my time to mostly anything relevant to literature and art. It's not like I have anything left to do anyway, haha.

4th Question: Do you read your book reviews/comments? How do you deal with good and bad reviews?

Answer: Yes! I do read them a lot. I reread all the comments put down in every chapter of my book just so I have a reason to smile. My readers are my best audience, after all. So far, I don't have any bad reviews, and it scares me actually, because I think they have a lot of negative things to say about my stories but just can't find the right time to pull it out. But it's okay, if it's for the sake of me improving my skills, I'm ready to accept their reviews.

5th Question: What do you like best about Yuri On Ice? Any favourite characters and least favourite characters?

Answer: I don't even know where to begin. I so love the anime for everything it is. All the characters, all the attitudes, all the laughs, and all the love I can feel even if I'm just watching them. Every character is precious and needs to be loved. There should be no hatred felt towards them, for they are beautiful in every way they are. I honestly don't know why fans hate on characters like Jean-Jacques or Yuri Plisetsky, because in all actuality, I think they're the characters that needs the most love and support. Aside from that, the characters are pretty much realistic, and it doesn't show victory at first time trying. I think it's very amazing and it's very much inspiring. I have a lot more to say, but I don't think I'll be able to word them all out.

6th Question: What motivated you to write about Yuri!!! On Ice?

Answer: What motivated me? You mean like, inspired me? Well, it's because of my dear friend, Julius. He didn't say anything or encouraged me to start writing, I just felt inspired by the way he writes his role-play starters (I'm a roleplayer in the yoi fandom, by the way). after I first finished my first one-shot, which is on rainy days like these, I got a lot of good reviews and some of my friends even told me to post it online. I wasn't sure where to put it first, but then I stumbled here and I was like, 'why not?' and so, my journey began. Every little thing I write, every word, is dedicated to all my readers all around the world. I love them so much, you see. They are also one of the reasons I am so inspired and motivated to write more, even if I have the littlest of spare time recently.

  ------  

(Thank you for the interview, , and readers, see you next issue!)