07 | One-Shot: Amnesia

Elliot: Hey, guys. So this is pretty thrown together cause I've had a bad month and tbh I haven't been able to focus on anything much. So I'm sorry. This is based off an Viktuuri comic I saw a while back. Hope you enjoy!

                                               ---...---...---

The steady beeping awoke the dark-haired man. He looked around, a small groan escaping his lips. Everything was blurry – the room around him shone a violent white, and items stuck out of walls, sharp and dangerous.

Something brown, something silver and – fuck, was that a needle?

The man sat up. A needle in his arm. Where was he? He looked around again. A table. He reached and fumbled around.

Something found its way into his hands and he held it close to his face. Glasses. His? Probably. It would explain why he couldn't see, anyway.

He unfolded the glasses and slid them on. Shit, that was bright. He blinked a few times as the room became more focused, and a small snore drew his attention. His head turned towards the far corner.

Three chairs sat there – on two pushed together lay a blonde man, using his arm as a pillow, and on the other, a grey-haired man sat with his head bowed.

He cleared his throat and the blonde's eyes snapped open. "Yuuri?" He had a thick accent. Russian? The man blinked. Was that him? The blonde rubbed an eye and kicked the chair that the second stranger sat on. "Viktor – he's awake."

The grey-haired stranger jolted up, his eyes wide. "Yuuri!"

"Uh... yes?" Yuuri chewed the inside of his cheek.

The blonde registered his hesitance and frowned, but the other ran over to his bed and threw his arms around him. "Thank God you're awake, Yuuri..."

Yuuri brought up a hand, gently placing it on his back. "You're... Viktor... right?" He had heard the blonde say it.

The man pulled back slightly, confusion flitting through his eyes. "Of course I am. Yuuri, don't you-"

The door swung open and Yuuri jumped.

"Ah, Mr. Katsuki," the doctor greeted, a wide smile stretching over his face. "It's good to see that you're awake."

Yuuri slowly nodded. "Uh... where am I?"

"The Intermedtsentr hospital in Moscow." The doctor picked up the clipboard attached to his bed and flicked through the papers. "You had a bad crash, Mr. Katsuki. How are you feeling?"

Yuuri hesitated. "I... I don't know."

"Any pain?" Yuuri licked his lips and shook his head. The doctor lowered the clipboard. "Do you remember what happened?" Another shake of his head. The doctor pulled over a chair and sat by his bed. "What do you remember?"

Yuuri swallowed. "I... I'm in Russia and my name is... Yuuri Katsuki?"

The doctor nodded. "Anything else?" Yuuri didn't say anything. "Anything you remember that wasn't said since you woke up?"

Yuuri's eyes flickered to Viktor. "You're... You're Viktor Nikiforov. A-A world-renowned skater... I-I have a dozen posters of you in my room at home." Viktor nodded, giving him a smile. Yuuri's face suddenly burned bright red. "I mean-"

"Don't worry, Yuuri," Viktor chuckled. "I know about your posters."

Yuuri frowned. "How?"

"Do you remember me?" The blonde asked, walking over to him. His hair reached his elbows and was pulled into a tight braid. Green eyes, pale skin.

Yuuri chewed his lip. "You're... another skater..." He could tell that from his stature – strong, lean legs and arms, abs just visible through his shirt. "I..."

"Yuri Plisetsky."

The doctor nodded. "I thought this might be an implication. Mr. Nikiforov, may I talk to you outside for a minute?"

Viktor nodded and walked over to the door with the doctor. Yuri stayed in the room. "Do you remember what happened? At all?"

Yuuri looked away. "No."

"What age are you?"

Yuuri blinked slowly. "Twenty-two?"

"You're twenty-eight." Yuuri's shoulders tensed. "Where do you live?" Yuuri shook his head. "Hasetsu, Japan. Married?"

Yuuri almost laughed. He shook his head. This seemed to jar Yuri. "I haven't really even dated anyone before."

"I see..."

Yuuri looked up at him. "You placed first in three consecutive Junior GPF finals. Why are you here?"

Yuri sat at the end of his bed, staring at him. "You really don't remember, do you?"

"No," Yuuri whispered.

The doctor and Viktor returned a few moments later, Viktor paler than before.

"Mr. Katsuki," the doctor began as Viktor sank into a chair, "I'm afraid that there's no easy way to tell you this. You were in a car crash a little over two weeks ago, and you've been in a coma since." Yuuri's breath caught in his throat. "You appear to be currently dealing with amnesia."

                                               ---...---...---  

"Whoa..." Yuuri toed off his shoes - an instinct - as he walked into Viktor's apartment. "I can't believe I'm actually roommates with my childhood idol..."

Viktor chuckled, closing the door behind him. "We're a bit more than roommates."

For a moment, Yuuri looked confused. Then his eyes lit up. "Oh yeah, you're my coach! Right?"

Viktor took a moment before nodding. "Yes. I was your coach for a year when you were twenty-three, and then you convinced me to take up skating again. I stayed as your coach while skating competitively myself, and I haven't retired yet."

Yuuri nodded. "Good. You're too good to retire yet."

Viktor chuckled. "I'm glad you think so."

A bark rang out through the apartment. Recognition flashed through Yuuri's eyes. "Vic- Maccachin!" The large poodle bounded up to Yuuri, almost knocking him down. "Easy, boy, I'm okay! See?" He laughed as he crouched down. Maccachin rolled over, paws in the air, and Yuuri rubbed his stomach. "I guess I can remember things!"

Viktor chewed his lip. The ring on Yuuri's finger shone in the dim light.

"Mr. Katsuki-Nikiforov, I think it would be best if you kept your marriage with Yuuri a secret. Just for now - until his memory comes back. Learning he's married when he currently has the mentality from before you even met could have a bad effect."

Yuuri looked up at him, his smile fading a little. "Are you okay?"

Viktor forced a grin - happy, cheerful, hiding. "Yes, of course." He pulled off his coat. "Now, what do you want to eat?"

"Oh, do you know how to make pork katsudon?"

"Please, Viktor. Do it for Yuuri."

"Of course. It's one of the first dishes you taught me how to make." Viktor turned towards the kitchen. "Let's go."