Chapter Nine

Chloe's POV:

"OM-Aca-G! These earrings are so you!" I squealed, thrusting the earrings at Beca.

"Okay fine" She rolled her eyes with a laugh "But, dude, I swear I'm going to have to be homeless after all that I've bought today"

"I'll feed you bagels when you're homeless" I offered as she went to the counter to pay for them.

Once we'd left the store we both decided that we were starving. "What do you feel like eating?" I asked her as put my hand in the crook of her arm so not to lose her in the crowd of shoppers.

"Taco Bell?" She suggested as she must have spotted one from across the street.

"Ooh, okay" I said in agreement. We crossed the street and walked into Taco Bell.

I ordered a chicken burrito and Beca ordered a taco supreme. Once we'd got our food we sat down at a table, placing our bags on the empty chairs at our table.

Beca made a sound of satisfaction as she bit into her taco "Taco Bell is so good" She said in awe as she continued to munch on her food. I laughed at how messily she was eating. How does someone still look so cute even with Mexican food all around their mouth?

After lunch we decided (well, I decided) to go and look around the shops some more.

"Look, Beca!" I said abruptly "A photo booth! Let's do it!" She rolled her eyes at me but I took that as a yes. I dragged her into the small photo booth and we dumped our bags on the ground. I put the money into the slot.

We both smiled into the camera and it counted down from three and then flash. The screen started counting down again.

"Goofy one" Beca said so I stuck my tongue out and crossed my eyes.

Flash.

The screen started counting back again so I turned to Beca and kissed her cheek.

Flash.

Beca looked at me and we held each others gaze. We were both aware of the screen counting down to our side.

3

It was now or never.

2

Don't be a pussy, Chloe!

1

I leaned my head forward and pressed my lips against hers.

Flash.

Beca immediately started kissing me back. Relief flooded through my body. I was scared that she'd push me off her, tell me what I'm weird.

It was like we'd completely forgotten about where we were. It felt like we were the only two people in the world. I never wanted it to end. But it did. The mechanic voice of the machine telling us I collect our photos outside of the booth pulled us apart.

I stared into her blue eyes and she stared into mine.

"You taste like Mexican food" I blurted out. Why did I say that?