Chapter 4 - Scarred for life

"Moms?" I heard a familiar voice speak to us.

"Shit!" I gasped and quickly let go of Emma. She pulled back hurriedly and straightened her shirt while I pulled my skirt down properly. The blonde blushed profusely and looked at me for help, thanks dear... I rolled my eyes and crouched down in front of my son.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Henry." I started out and he looked at me and then at Emma.
"I don't mind..." He said softly. "I'll... just go and do my homework." He said and started running up the stairs.
"Henry Daniel Mills! What did I tell you about running inside the house." I stood tall and looked at my son who was at the top of the stairs.
"Sorry mom." He then slowly walked to his room.

"Jesus, Regina... He just... saw us." She hid her face in her hands and sighed. I chuckled and started laughing softly, looking at the blonde. She looked at me and started laughing too.
"He must be scarred for life." She said softly and snorted. I moved over to the woman and leaned against her.
"Perhaps, but maybe he has seen worse..." I bit my lip and went to the kitchen, pulling the woman with me.

I was really struggling with the hunger inside of me, but it would have to wait now.
"What do you mean he's seen worse?" She asked and I started on making dinner.
"He came home early one day... School didn't inform me and he sort of saw me." I looked at her and made a face.
"Shit Regina... What were you doing?" She asked and I shook my head.
"No, just don't go there." I popped the lasagna in the oven and watched the woman make a face.
"Jesus..." She whispered and I snorted.
"He wasn't the only one scarred for life." I whispered and moved closer to the blonde. She was sitting on one of the stools, I moved between her legs and looked her in the eyes. "I'll tell you, but only if you're really prepared to know every dirty little secret. And trust me, it gets dirty..." I pulled back slowly and watched her swallow.
"I'm good for now I think." She said and took my hand. "Not because I don't want to know, but because I want to get to know you better, understand you better, understand why you're like this and why you did those things." She spoke and cupped my cheek. I gasped and moved closer.
"Why?" I looked into her eyes. Why would she want to know all these things, that's what I don't understand.

It was silent for a while before the blonde spoke carefully.
"Because I like you." She scratched behind her ear and giggled nervously. "Is it weird? We only know each other for little over a week..." She said and looked down at her hands. I didn't know what to say really so I decided to just take action instead. I kissed her softly and took her fidgeting hands into mine.

"I'll be honest... I don't know what I'm feeling, but I like it when you're here." I smiled and bit my lip. "And not just because you just seem to undo whatever drives me to this madness... But it does contribute... It's been so long since I've been calm that I only know chaos." I squeezed her hands. "And you're great with Henry. He's been much happier the last few days, and I'd hate to see him return to what he was like before you came here." I slowly got pulled into a hug and let myself melt into the embrace. I can't remember the last time I shared such a gesture with another adult.

"Is it safe?" I heard a little voice and I chuckled.
"Yes Henry." I looked at him as he entered while I pulled back from the hug. He smiled a little and went over to the both of us, hugging us together.
"I really don't mind it moms, just, don't repeat that one time with Graham... and Ruby, Kathryn... and Jefferson." The boy cringed and made a face, the event obviously still seared into his mind. Emma looked at me and her jaw fell open.
"Holy shit Regina!" Emma exclaimed.
"Language!" I looked at her sternly and looked at Henry. "I told you I was sorry about that, we promised to never talk about that again." I bit my lip and he looked up at me.
"Sorry mom." He bit his lip. He seemed to be thinking about something. "Are you happy now, with Emma?" He asked and I was a little taken aback by his question, wondering where it came from.
"I guess I am." I smiled a little. He didn't really know what to do with that answer at first but then smiled regardless, like he knew something I didn't.

I was snapped out of it when the oven timer went off.
"If you two set the table, then we'll eat dinner."

-----

Luckily dinner went pretty smoothly. No awkward questions were being asked, thankfully. Afterwards, Henry simply went up to his room and got ready for bed. I sat with Emma in the living, leaning against her on the couch as we watched TV. How we ended up like this, I have no idea, but it was comfortable and lately it had become somewhat of a habit.
"Perhaps I do want to know what happened that day." She suddenly started and I chuckled.
"Henry would rather not remember at all, what makes you think you can handle it?"
"I'm not a 10 year old." She defended herself.
"Are you sure?" I smirked and she gasped.
"Just because I don't always act like it..." She complained and I laughed.
"Fine, fine... Just never, ever tell anyone else. Even they don't remember it." I said softly and looked into her eyes.
"Promise."
"Before doing it with anyone, I always made sure they were sufficiently drunk to never remember."
"Was that why you made me drink that cider?" She asked and I chuckled.
"You only had one glass, Miss Swan, that wasn't even near enough to get you hung over." I shook my head. "And don't interrupt me, it's bad manners."
"Sorry, your Majesty." I elbowed her and she chuckled after wincing.
"After I got them drunk it was easy enough to convince them to engage into more interesting activities. We were all in the living room. I used to have a rug here actually." I just sort of trailed off.
"What were you doing with 4 extras... you only need 1 person, why did you invite 4 of them?!" She sounded pretty dumbfounded.
"To be honest Swan, I don't know. I was being stupid, didn't think clearly, and I paid the price, because halfway through it Henry burst into the house. Trust me, it wasn't pretty." I groaned and hid my face.

That day I really brought shame on myself. If I had enough ingredients I would have made a forgetting potion for Henry. I really couldn't live with myself after that happened. I stopped seeing anyone for a week which only made my condition that much worse...

"I suppose, it's better to keep that buried in the past now." She said softly and slid her hand through my hair. I looked up at her and nodded.
"I'd rather keep it there yes."
"I'll make you forget all about it." She whispered and leaned in, kissing me softly. At that time, I truly believed she would.

-----------------------------------

A/N Regina so naughty... At least she realized it was a dumb idea, but Henry is scarred for life.

Let's find out where it goes from here~