Chapter 8

Jennifers POV

I was sitting on my bed completing homework, engrossed as I was always, when I suddenly shook by the sound of the home phone ringing as loud as a church bell. I sighed as I put down my homework to one side and walked downstairs, to where the home phone was kept.

'Hello?' I said. 'Hi, it's me, Justin. I need your help.' Justin said, with urgency in his voice. ' I'm calling you from a phone booth, so I need to make this fast. Is it possible for you to come over to 5th street, it's my mom, I think she has a boyfriend, fiance to be precise. And well, I need to spy on her, just to see what exactly has been going on. Please could you?' He said. 'Er sure, where should I meet you?' I asked. 'Outside that fancy restaurant, called 'Award Weiners'. Please come quick. by the way-' Suddenly there was silence. 'Hello?' His call minutes must have expired. I thought. I hung up and put the phone down, then skid upstairs to get changed.

I  took the keys from my desk, and my messenger bag from behind my chair. I was quite comfortable with what I was wearing, I wore blue ripped jeans, a blue crop top, a light pink cardigan and black high tops. I went over to my dresser and looked in the mirror while I brushed my hair. I brushed my hair in the 3/4-1/4 hairstyle the way I always would. I put down the brush, while noticing something on my face. Just under my lip was a huge spot. I swore under my breathe and got the cream from my drawer. I carefully applied it on. When will I ever be pretty, or at least for a start with perfect skin. I thought.

I went downstairs to check the time. Shoot It's 3:11pm, I need to be there in 9 minutes. I thought. I ran out of the door, shutting the door behind me and ran.