Chapter One

Taylor's P.O.V

Waking up in the morning to a buzzing phone is common these days. Ever since I released 1989 it seems like Tree is constantly finding new things to grill me about, which is both annoying and totally worthwhile despite the fact that I can do nothing about it. But this morning things are different as Tree texts to forewarn me of a story that is being run by Hollywood Live that Karlie and I are in a relationship and that it's more than a relationship and we are actually married. Which is almost a complete fabrication apart from the fact that we are together and have been for a few months, and when I think of the music industry and what is happening in it where it is currently tough for any gay, bisexual, transsexual or lesbian to come forward and be treated exactly the same, it doesn't worry me. I've always known that I was different and I'm not afraid of who I am. I spent the first few years of my career absolutely terrified of what people would say if they found out about me and although I'm out to my family and most of my friends I'm no longer afraid of what other people could say because it could be worse and I could have been 'outted' by anyone but instead I'm safe, my secrets are safe despite me not seeing them as secrets.

But despite my situation I'm not thinking about me, I'm never really thinking about myself as now days the only thing that I can focus on that gets me through is thinking about Karlie. We've come to mean so much to each other and we share similar interests that it's hard to think of a time where I ever felt so content with anyone. I'm happy in the company of good girlfriends and enjoying living on my own time. If I can dedicate so long to making sure that my career works out and keep my true self hidden why shouldn't I be able to live it up in New York and enjoy things for what they truly are. The worst part about finding out that I like Karlie is knowing that Karlie has a boyfriend that she is absolutely in love with and although Karlie never talks about Josh when she's around me I know that he's there in the back of her mind and that she asks him his opinion on things that she does. I know that she asks me too, and often but there's something about knowing that he's there and he gets to hold her close at night and tells her that everything is going to be okay when it might not be. But even though it's hard for me, my life would be harder without her in it so I bite my tongue and hope that one day everything will be fixed.

It always strikes me as weird that my team and in particular Tree always know the response they will get at the notion of a stupid story from an unrepeatable source, but I know that it won't always be like that and that in time someone will say something and it will become the talk of tinsel town but for right now I'm safe and that gives me comfort. But I know regardless of the situation I at least have to warn Karlie that someone could post something and it's not something that I enjoy telling her, because I don't believe that a total ray of sunshine like her should ever have to deal with the paparazzi. Pressing her gorgeous picture that she saved on my phone I hear it ring only a handful of times before she says, "Hey Tay, what's up?" Her voice is so causal I almost start to talk to her about normal things in life but then I stop myself. "Well Hollywood Live is running a story about us being in a relationship and being secretly married. I know it's totally bogus and all but I thought that I should let you know in case you're mad that I don't." I state in a hurry.
"Oh, well thanks for being considerate, but now is not really a good time? Can I call you later, or see you even?" I pull the phone away from my ear and look at the screen to make sure I called the right person. "Uhm, yeah sure I just wanted to tell you so I'm sure that's enough anyway..." I state but Karlie quickly says, "oh no not you Tay, I was talking to Lily she keeps bugging me to tell you about some plan at the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in London and I'm trying to get rid of her."
"It's okay, regardless. I need to go and sort stuff for my performance, call me when you want. Peace out." I state hanging up and then I put my phone down. 'Peace out Swift? What the hell was that about?'

I didn't hear from Karlie that night, or the next or even that week. It's only a week later when I'm about to leave for the airport that Karlie sends me a text saying that she can't wait to see me in London and the all of a sudden it hits me, I'm going to be seeing a parade of women in underwear, sexy underwear but mostly I'll be seeing Karlie. Then it hits me and I send a smile back and then say. "Shit that was classy..."