Epilogue - Part Two

Taylor's P.O.V

Four years later...

"Mommy, mommy...daddy..." I turn around and see Arabella running towards me with her cute little boots stomping on the floor. "Hi bunny," I state opening my arms to allow her to run into my arms. She almost lunges for me and I see my mom also rounding the corner as Arabella crawls onto the bed next to where I'm sitting and into Adam's arms. I stand up and move towards my mom who gestures towards the hallway which she nods and then as we step into the hallway she says, "how is he?" I look towards the room,
"he's hanging in there, trying to keep up his appearance for the sake of Arabella, but I can tell he's failing a lot." I sigh as I sit down and mom sits next to me.
"Listen, maybe it's a sign. You and Adam never wanted to be any more than friends. It was always something that he understood, but then Arabella happened and I've watched you put your life aside for your baby and for her daddy, but now he's dying Taylor. Adam will die..." I throw my head back and sigh, "I know mom, but I feel like I owe it to him to be here for him, he never wanted full custody of Arabella or even 50/50 and he's always been good at wanting to share her evenly so I feel like I need to be here." I see my mom nod and then she says,
"Yes you probably do need to be here for him, especially since he doesn't have his family here apart from Arabella, but you need to also decide what you want to do too." I look at her slightly confused but she quickly states, "come on Taylor. Karlie, you and Karlie. You need to fix it and at least talk and not skirt around each other." I nod at her and look at the hospital door.
"I promise that I will talk to her before the week is over. If that will make you happy?" She nods and after we continue to talk for ten minutes she leaves and I go back to Adam and Arabella who are snuggled on the bed together fast asleep.

I sit down and watch Arabella sleep peacefully remembering how small she was when she was born and now she's so much bigger. But the one thing that's never changed about her is her brilliant green eyes that remind me so much of her father. It's the one thing I'm pleased that she got from him, that and his determination although he argues that it's my determination that she inherited. It doesn't take long for Adam to wake and look at me through tired eyes, "Tay," I look up from my phone where I'm playing scrabble on my phone. "Hey Adam, how are you feeling?" I question looking at him as he cuddles Arabella close. "I'm great, but someone needs to go home and sleep." I look down at where he is looking at our sleeping child and I nod. "Okay, but call me if you need help or anything." I say as he looks at me and nods,
"I will, but that's what this IV is for," he jokes holding up his arm that Arabella isn't cuddled into.
"Okay, if you're certain then." I say as he nod and I wake Arabella.
"Mommy, no..." she grunts,
"Arabella, yes...come on say bye to daddy, we'll see him tomorrow okay bunny..." she nods and hugs Adam who grimaces but hugs her back regardless of his obvious pain.

I scoop up Arabella and we go home, but just as I'm settling Arabella into bed and she's only just fallen asleep when I receive a phone call from the hospital. Adam died from his burst brain aneurysm which wasn't why he was in the hospital, he had been in for his bad heart but now he's acutally passed. "Are you sure?"
"I'm sure Miss Swift, Mr Wiles has asked to be cremated so we will respect his wishes, would you like us to do anything else for you?" I shake my head and then remember that I'm on the phone.
"No, no thank-you. I'm sure that you've got everything under control. Thank-you for telling me." I say as we hang up. I quickly ring mom and tell her and she promises to be over soon, and although I'm sad that Adam has died, I have been expecting it for a while so it's not really that traumatic it's still upsetting.

Four months pass and I'm slowly getting used to being a single parent to Arabella, she's bounced back pretty well considering and we've been spending more time in New York than in L.A which means that Arabella gets to meet some of my old friends. So far she's totally in love with Jack's studio where we've been hanging out and perfecting my latest album that I will not tour for. I'm not going to tour internationally anymore, well at least not until Arabella is older, and management understand and accept it. But while we've been in New York Arabella has also met Karlie, we started talking after Adam's funeral and are now working towards healing our friendship. I want more but Karlie is reluctant, however I think that Arabella is slowly thawing her out and it makes me smile because I can see that Karlie is a different person to who she was four, nearly five years ago and it gives me hope. The hope that one day we can have something.

Five years later...

Karlie's P.O.V

"Arabella, can you go and get your mom please?" I question leaning over the counter and looking at the couch where Arabella has been lounging due to being home sick from school. She nods and bounds off returning quickly with Taylor who comes to me quickly, "what's wrong baby?" She questions panicking slightly but relaxing when I take her hand and place it above the kicking sensation near my ribs. "Wow! That's amazing, Arabella come here and feel this..." Taylor states making Arabella smile and move over to me, I take her hand and place it on the kicks and she looks at us in amazement, "is that my baby brother?" I smile at her and say,
"It might be your baby sister," I state as Arabella shakes her head.
"No mama it's my brother, I know it." I only look at Taylor and smile as Taylor says,
"Well you heard her, it's 'her' brother." I only smile and lean over and peck Taylor on the lips, which is something that I never take for granted, not after she gave me another chance four years ago. I must admit I had to beg after Adam died and beg I did, for almost a year. Probably more and it's been totally worth it. I love her more than anything in the world and even though we didn't work the first time, it was better for me to have to work to gain her trust and love a second time. I pull her close and kiss her lips again, "I love you and I'm so thankful for you, every day." Taylor looks at me and grins. "I love you too, thank you for choosing to try again. I'm so thankful that you did and that you love both me and Arabella unconditionally. It's why I decided to make this our life, to share my daughter with you. This is our life Karlie, and it's amazing and perfect. Just like I knew it would be."

THE END.

So this is the end of Our Life, it's been fun to write a short story. I do apologize to all of you who were not impressed that Tayvin ended up in the story. But sometimes you have to read the whole story to understand. Part Two ended up exactly how I always saw this story. I saw it as two women wanting different things at the same time. I felt that Taylor needed to be shown as being a little more mature due to her age and the best way to show this was for her to have a child and for Karlie to choose her career being so young. Hopefully those of you who read from the start enjoyed it and will continue to read my other stories and my one-shots, I will list them below so you know what to click on. 

So until next time, love Hannah xx

My stories include:

Full Fictions:

New York Surprise! (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift)
What I Want (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift) 
All I Need (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift) 
Protecting Leah (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift)
Living A Life (Taylor Swift and Louis Tomlinson)
I Do, Don't I? (Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran)

One-Shots:

Kaylor Family One-Shots (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift)
Gyllenswift One-Shots (Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal)
Haylor One-Shots (Taylor Swift and Harry Styles)

Short Stories:

Our Life (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift)