Chapter Eight

Taylor's P.O.V

"Okay then this is a personal choice too..." she states before pressing her lips on mine. I moan into the kiss and I feel Karlie's lips smile against mine which makes me feel warm inside and wonder if this is the right thing for me to be doing or for us to even consider kissing like this. I mean Karlie does still have a boyfriend in Josh Kusher and as good as it feels to finally be able to kiss her with her knowing the truth about me, it's still a form of cheating and I can't allow it to happen so instead of continuing the kiss I reluctantly pull back.

The look on Karlie's face is pure confusion but I quickly state, "it's not you, it's me. I can't do this not when you're involved with someone else. Just because I've admitted to you that I'm different to what the world perceives me to be and I can't put you through this." I look at her as she shakes her head in disbelief or what I think is disbelief but instead of her saying anything she quickly looks around the room and then places her head in her hands and laughs slightly. "Really after all this time and the time that we've spent together talking about you being a lesbian and then us kissing and you think that I feel nothing for you? That these kisses mean nothing to you, nothing at all?" Karlie questions sliding towards me and placing her hands on mine but then they move up until she is gently cradling my face and making me look into her eyes, "Taylor you mean an awful lot to me, more than any of my other friends that I've ever had and so I think that it's only fair that I am as honest with you as you were with me but first I need you to believe this, and believe it with all of your capacity. Okay?" Karlie questions as I look into her intense green eyes and all of a sudden I can feel it, the power that her eyes hold and something deeper, something I'm almost declined to believe is love and affection but I'm not sure who the love and affection is for, it could be for me but it could also be for whatever she wants to tell me. So I willingly nod and say, "okay, I will believe you." Karlie nods and takes a deep breath and then she begins to talk.

Karlie's P.O.V

I take a deep breath in and then out and then on the exhale I look at Taylor and I know that deep down I need to admit the truth to her and I can't keep skirting around the truth. So I guess in all honestly it began in London so that's where I decide to start. "Taylor, do you remember the night that we were both in London?" She nods at me and so I breathe in and out and keep on breathing, "have I ever explained to you why I continue to model despite having other ventures that could allow me to easily move away from modeling," she looks a little confused at my wording but then nods, "yes, what do you mean by that exactly?" I heave out a long and soft sigh before I say, "like you I am hiding my true self, I hide in the vocation that I choose to pursue." Now Taylor looks really confused but right as I think that she's about to say something completely against and opposite to what I just said, a look of understanding hits her and as she goes to speak I nod at her, "yes Taylor I like you am a closeted lesbian and I've been holding it close for far too long. The morning that we woke up in London I got scared, I was afraid that you would think differently of me if I was honest and admitted that I hadn't been drunk the night before and that I knew exactly what I was doing when I was tearing your lips apart with my own and making you mine." A red flush spreads across Taylor as she crosses her legs like my words are having an effect on her neither regions, which makes me chuckle.

"A bit flushed over there?" I question looking at her as she looks at me a little shell shocked at the way that I'm being so brutally honest with her. "Maybe, but when did you know that you were a lesbian?" I look at her and sigh,
"Well if I'm completely honest it probably started when I played Little League and was in a girls team. I had the biggest crush on the pitcher and it was that bad that when I was on second base for a game but I was distracted and missed a major throw to home that cost us the game and forced us from our number one spot to number three because the game was so terrible. I felt bad almost all the time that I had to play there after and so at the end of the season, my mom pulled me out. I never said why I wasn't enjoying it because I love sport as you know..." I watch Taylor nod at me, "...but I just didn't want to let people down, but when we came to New York that one weekend just to shoot some prints and I met a few of the girls I knew that I would be able to handle it, my crushes on the same sex." I look at Taylor and see look on her face, "I don't mean it like that Taylor. I just mean that I was able to mask the fact that I was attracted to the girls. But as I started to get higher up in modelling and began to do more shoots with other women in our underwear and it always made me nervous and that's when management suggested a beard. That's how I came to be 'dating' Josh. But believe me when I say that there is absolutely no feelings there and as you can now see, there never will be." I state making Taylor nod at me like she understands.

A few seconds pass and then Taylor starts to laugh, "what's so funny?" I question as she continues to chuckle and then she looks at me, "both of us hiding our true identities to make our jobs easier but in the long run it is costing us our happiness. Do you want to continue living like this?" Taylor questions looking at me which makes me think, 'do I really want to be stuck pretending that I'm not who I really am?'

Hey all,

Just so that you all know my Kaylor One-Shots will not be updated until the week of the 10th April 2017. So no Kaylor One-Shots today, but there is a Gyllenswift one. So go and read that if you're interested.