Chapter Five

Taylor's P.O.V

Opening the door to see Karlie standing there was one of the last things that I ever expected to see. But as soon as she said, "hi Taylor," to me I felt weak in the knees, not expecting her to be here I was shocked to say the least. But then I felt my head start to pound like someone was whacking me with something. I felt myself falling but all I could see was Karlie's face, I had no idea whether the look on her face was panic or shock. But the last thing that I remember is falling and then darkness.

A dull beeping is constant, and if that's my alarm then I need it to change it to something that would actually make me want to get up in the morning. But then out of the darkness I realise that the stiffness of the sheets feels rough against my usually smooth skin and then I hear it, voices. The voices sound far away and as I move my body in the stiff legs I hear a groan that sounds much closer to home, and that's when it hits me. That's me making that noise and groaning in obvious pain. "..lor, Taylor, Taylor..." I groan out again and I hear the voice call my name again. "Taylor, it's Sharon, if you can hear me squeeze my hand..." I feel something getting stuffed into my hand and mentally I realise that it must be someone's hand, probably Sharon's. Without really thinking about it I squeeze the hand and the response is positive by person. "Good, that's good Taylor...Now open your eyes if you can..." and before I can do anything else I obey that command too.

My eyes flicker as I get used to the bright lights that are around me. Less than ten seconds later a blurry shape appears over me and I struggle to make it out. A quick blink again has me making out the general shape and I can tell that I don't know the person so realising that it must be the nurse, but I'm a little confused as to why I'm even around a nurse, am I sick? Injured? Did something happen to me? The nurse sticks around for another few minutes but then disappears. I hear the door close as she leaves and then as if by instinct I know that I'm still not alone.

I choose to ignore the fact a certain someone is still in the room with me because as if I know by instinct I can sense that it's Karlie. I have no idea how I knew without opening my eyes, I feel like I just know whenever she's around me, almost as if that make believe 'gaydar' they state that people like me have is going off because of my attraction to my best friend, well I don't exactly know if she's my best friend any longer, not after London. I then hear a rustle and I must smile a little because my dry lips groan at the sensation. "I know that you know that I'm here Tay," I open just one eye towards the window where the sun is being blocked by a tall drink of legs and arms with a killer smile. "I know that you're there Karlie, the question is why are you here at all? You made it pretty clear that you didn't want anything to do with me when we were in London." I hear movement and I know that Karlie is making her way over to me.

I feel the bed move as she settles herself next to me, "well it's pretty simple as to why I'm here," I came to your apartment, your security let me in and I made my way to your door to tell you that I'm sorry but then you had to go and feint on me." I feel myself blush as she moves closer and then I feel movement near my hand and as my eyes trail downwards I see that she's casually rubbing my fingers with her thumb and then I pull back. I can see that it hurts her that I'm pulling away when I've never pulled away before in my life, not even when we used to hug and kiss each other's cheeks. "What's wrong Taylor?" Karlie questions as she moves closer towards me.  "I don't know Karlie, this just feels weird being here and talking to you as if nothing has changed..." I state as Karlie nods and looks towards the door as if checking for the nurse to come in. "I realize that things are different but I'm yet to tell you why I came to apologize to you, aren't you curious?" I can't bear to tell Karlie that I am curious as to why she is here, why she wanted to talk to me and why she wanted to apologize at all.

We sit in silence, Karlie continues to sit next to me and the silence is almost unbearable and so because I've never been particularly good at being patient I break rather quickly. "Okay I need to know, why did you come to see me Karlie?" I question making Karlie look at me.
"Are you sure you want to discuss this here in a public place?" She questions making me nod,
"Why not, I'm not going anywhere, and you're looking pretty comfortable so why not." I state making Karlie laugh and I fight not to blush at how cute her laugh is. I watch as Karlie takes one breath and then she leans in really close and says, "I know what happened in London Taylor, after all you've always had a talented mouth when you sing and now I know for certain that you've got a talented mouth for other things too, especially kissing other people...don't you Taylor?" she questions making me laugh and then nod and as I nod I see Karlie's face coming towards me, but before I can react I feel warm lips on mine.