➟ Chapter Fourteen

"All I'm saying is that Voldemort is a better villain than Ultron," you said.

"Ultron was a high-tech computer who took over the world in basically a day, then continued to get more powerful and built an army," Joker defended.

"Voldemort had an army and almost took over the muggle world and the wizarding world," you shot back.

"Almost! Therefore, he didn't accomplish shit. He tortured a kid for years and the kid beat him everytime," Joker said.

"Whatever," you scoffed and continued to shoot at the target.

"How can you say that a
noseless--"

"Are you guys still arguing about Voldemort and Ultron?" Vincent asked as he walked onto the roof.

"Fuck off," you and Joker said in sync.

Vincent shook his head in disbelief as he handed Joker a paper. Joker shot the red dot in the middle of the target before setting down his rifle and snatching the paper to read.

"We got Gamble's location," Vincent explained. "Who will you be needing, Bosses?"

You set down your own gun and looked around Joker to scan the writing as he did as well.

"How about Vincent, Felix, and Charlie for this one? They're collectively intimidating and look like junkies in the right clothing," you suggested.

"You heard the woman," Joker said.

"Yes, Sir," Vincent replied, taking the paper and marching back to the downstairs of the warehouse.

Vincent prepped the other two guys of the plan while you and Joker discussed it separately. You fought over who would get to kill Gamble, but you eventually caved and decided to give him the honor, then headed off to Gamble's mob headquarters.

"(Y/N)! If you don't stop, I'll slit your throat!"

You, Vincent, Charlie, and Felix burst out laughing as you purposely drove over another pothole, causing Joker to once again hit his head on the trunk's ceiling. He was in the trunk wrapped in a garbage bag because he was playing dead, but you were taking advantage and making it hell for him.

"M-maybe you should stop before he does kill us," Felix stuttered uncertainly.

"It's fine. I won't let him do anything to you guys," you promised.

"You're so cool," Charlie said, laughing.

"I know," you replied, parking the car outside the building and everyone got into character.

Vincent pointed a pistol to your head and you forced yourself to tear up with bits of heavy breathing. One of Gamble's men exited the building and you, along with the three henchmen in your car, got out.

"What do you want?" the man demanded with his gun pointed at you all.

"We got The Joker and his girl. We want the money promised," Vincent answered.

"Do you have the body?"

"In the trunk," Felix said.

"Get it and follow me," the man said.

Vincent gripped your forearm while Charlie and Felix fetched Joker's body from the trunk. You had to retain your giggles, so you turned them into hysterics and tears.

"You bastards!" you cried.

"Shut up!" Vincent barked.

Gamble's goon turned his back just as the garbage moved a little. You brought up your hand and flicked where Joker's head would be.

"Stay still," you whispered.

"Bite me," Joker growled back.

"Later."

Vincent dragged you into the building with Charlie and Felix carrying The Joker. You entered a room where Gamble was playing pool and directed his other two men to take the bag from Felix and Charlie to lay on the pool table. Gamble ripped off the bag over Joker's head and his seemingly lifeless face was revealed. You pretended to be even more distraught.

Gamble walked over to the four of you. "Dead--that's five-hundred, and as for her, a million. We're going to have fun," he said.

Suddenly, Joker sprung up and grabbed Gamble to turn him around and hold a blade to his mouth while Vincent, Charlie, and Felix detained the goons. You wiped the tears that had been on your face and crossed your arms as you waltzed over to hop on the pool table and sit behind Joker.

"What about me?" Joker said as he pressed the blade harder against Gamble's mouth. "You want to know how I got these scars?"

You smiled and enjoyed the terror that flashed in Gamble's eyes.

"My father was a drinker and a fiend, and one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself, he doesn't like that. Not one bit, so me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and he says, Why so serious? He comes at me with the knife, sticks the blade in that mouth, Let's put a smile on that face. And--" Joker shifts his gaze to the one goon
"--why so serious?"

Joker slashed Gamble's mouth and dropped him on the ground, then stood and ripped the garbage bags off his body. You picked up the pool stick before getting down from the table and handed it to Joker.

"Now, our operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for aggressive expansion, so which of you fine gentlemen would like to join our team?" Joker taunted. "Oh, there's only one spot open right now, so we're going to have--" Joker broke the pool stick in half and tossed one part on the floor "--tryouts."

"To whoever wins, don't get too bloody. My car is expensive," you warned, taking Joker's free hand.

"And make it fast," he added.

You and Joker walked out of the room and eventually the building as he twirled the broken pool stick in his hand.

"Lau will be getting back in the country tonight," you said with a tinge of venom.

"Then he'll sell out the mobs but still be locked up and we can execute the plan. Next stop, Wayne Enterprise to take out Harvey Dent ourselves when Wayne holds the fundraiser," Joker responded.

"Yup." You heard a scream and took a glance back at the building. "They're all just going to kill each other."

"Of course. That's the point."

Once you got to the car, Joker dropped the stick and pressed you against the side of it and leaned his hands on the rooftop beside your head.

"I seem to recall you continuously making the car ride hell for me, then you flicked me on the forehead," Joker muttered, his tongue gliding out of his mouth for a second. "Now, what should I do to you."

"You can do whatever you want, as long as it's with that tongue of yours," you teased.

"Really?" he questioned as he leaned closer to your face.

"Really."

Joker kissed you deeply and slipped his tongue into your mouth almost immediately until the three guys made it out of the building with blood on their shoes, completely interrupting and ruining the moment.

"Put them in the trunk," you directed.

Vincent, Charlie, and Felix groaned before following orders and squeezing into the backseat of the car. You and Joker got in the front and organized the next phase of the plan, which would be one hell of a party.