Chapter 8

[JEN'S POV]

(recap)

He gets on one knee, and grabs my hand but I pull it away. "Jen, will you marry me?" He is obviously drunk.

"NOO!!! Nick, you are obviously drunk, so leave me alone, FOREVER!!" I punch him in the face, and he just stands there. Then, the unthinkable happens. He leans in, and kisses me. I quickly push him away, and Josh grabs his arm. "Jen, I think a restraining ord-" I stop him. "I know, a restraining order. Thank you Josh." I say. "Now hurry up Joshy. You don't want to miss out on our fun..." I say with a smirk. Josh smirks to, and then Nick moans. "What the fuck am I gonna do with him?" Josh asks. "I don't know...drive him far away and hide his keys somewhere in his car." I say. "Perfect. Do you wanna come so on our way back we could get the...umm...restraining order..." Josh asks. I nod. I pull a hat over Nick's face, so he doesn't realize anything. Josh throws on a white t-shirt and pulls a flannel button up over that, and I quickly change. We both slide on our flip flops.

Josh gets into Nick's car, and I get into Josh's car. We drive for about an hour and a half to two hours, and we get to a mountain viewing area. Josh hides Nick's keys under his back seat, we get into Josh's car. We drive to the police department, and we walk inside. The lady at the reception desk asks, "How may I help you?" I reply, "We would like to obtain a restraining order on someone.." I say. Just as she hands both Josh and I clipboard, the front doors of the department swing open, and two men in ski masks come in with huge, automatic guns in their hands. the lady reaches over, and hits a red button, and an alarm sound goes off. The men hear it, and look strait at Josh and I. Then, the man to the right shoots Josh in the leg, and Josh falls to the ground. I jump onto the ground next to him, and I look into Josh's eyes. He moans in pain, and my eyes immediately meet with his. "JEN ARE YOU HURT?" I cant believe that he was just shot, and is worried about me more than himself. "No, Joshy, but you are!" I kind of raise my voice. "Jen, he didn't completely hit me. The bullet skid my leg, I just fell to the ground so he wouldn't shoot again." He wispers to me. "But you're still bleeding." I say softly. "Just wrap my flannel around my leg and tie it. I will be okay." I do what he says, and I kiss him while holding him in my arms while we sit in the corner, listening to the men yell at the woman at the reception desk. She hands them a set of keys, and one runs to the back while the other stays here, and is staring at Josh and I.